People Abusing Chat Filter

First off, a similar post I made: Moderation from Free Model Chat?, I’d recommend that you read that first so you can understand.

I’ve only recently noticed this, but my friends are now aware that the free model chat model from the toolbox I had put in the game
(it was a long time ago, I haven’t touched that game in forever, only to update the description)
has no filter. (it wasn’t my chat system)
My friend(s) have been inviting their friends and abusing that filter by talking about very grotesque and adult content, since anybody can see the words. I’ve disabled private servers but I really am not sure what to do for this, as I don’t know if I want to shut the game down, I’d rather not ban them as they’d most likely “attack” me for that, could I pretend the game was taken down, or try to fix the filter?

Any solutions that I can do or that I’m not thinking of?

1 Like

There’s a way to run text through roblox’s filter, this should help:

You can hire a scripter to do this if you’re not familiar with scripting.

2 Likes

Alright, I’m working on filtering, but do you recommend that I take the game down while I work on it? They still continue to talk in private, talking about very adult things and continue to talk smack about me and others, (they don’t know I can see the chat logs).

I would probably shut it down, if your game has a playerbase and taking it down for sometime will probably kill that playerbase then if you can get it done quickly you might not want to, but if your game doesn’t really have much players you should probably shut it down until the filter is installed, better safe than sorry. I’m not sure if you can get moderated if your chat isn’t filtered.

1 Like

You can and will be moderated for unfiltered chats.

2 Likes