Performance Degradation in Roblox Studio

I’m having a repeated performance issue in Roblox Studio where the frame rate significantly drops to between 2fps and 10fps after approximately 1-2 hours of usage. This makes the Studio and Play-Testing unable to use until the application is closed and re-opened.

Where it happens:
This issue occurs within Roblox Studio during extended usage.

When it happens:
The problem appears consistently after using Roblox Studio for about 1-2 hours. I have been having this issue since 22/01/2024

Image:
Ekran görüntüsü 2024-01-24 001837

I’m having this issue on Windows 11.

2 Likes

Can you provide a microprofiler dump when it gets this laggy?

Hey! Yes, here’s the .html file.
microprofile-20240124-214552.html (5.9 MB)

It looks like this is a plugin calling GetSetting a lot. Can you disable all your plugins and try to use Studio for a while and see if this comes back? It’s unfortunate that this only comes up after a couple hours, but if it goes away at that point, then I would investigate the plugins you have.

It could also help if you provide me a list of every plugin you have–I could go through and look at the code for any that are free to use to see if they call GetSetting.

Sure, i will try disabling them now and here are the URLs of plugins that are currently installed.

Awesome, thank you. I won’t have time to look into these until maybe an hour or so, but will report back to you if I find anything, especially if the problem goes away for you.

Update 1: Some of these are paid so I could not look through them. Aside from them, the following 4 use GetSetting and may be worth disabling while I investigate them if you find disabling plugins fixes the issue:

I will investigate later to see if any of these are suspicious to me.

Okay, your issue seems to take place in StudioPresence. I’m not sure specifically how yet, but I know that it’s the only plugin in my list that has a script with the same name as what comes up in the profiler. Let me know if disabling only it specifically fixes your issue.

2 Likes

Yes disabling that plugin has resolved the issue. I reported the issue to the plugin owner as well. Thank you for letting me know that plugin was the issue.

2 Likes

I have updated the plugin to v3.0.3, and removed all :GetSetting calls. Thanks for reporting this

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.