StudioPresence - Studio/Discord Rich Presence!

Thanks for the contribution! I am updating the readme to include the Mac documentation too. I will add you as a contributor

1 Like

Plugin runs really smooth, if you do the steps properly ofcourse.

2 Likes

This functions really well and I love all of the icons! I was going to ask if there’s any plans to let it run in the background/on startup (if that’s even possible) but it turns out it’s already been asked lol.

Could we possibly see it only updating for the selected Studio window? I was working on “Workspace: Solaris”, opened another place to create a few icons for my game, and it’s constantly switching between the two.
SHAREX_1705176345

2 Likes

I do not plan on adding this feature myself, I attempted to in the past however I was unable to make it well enough and I was not satisfied with its stability.

however, this might help a bit:

Great idea! Yes this is definitely possible and I will most likely add it in the future, It will most likely be just a _G function because I do not want to create a UI for StudioPresence (I do not want the plugin to take space in the plugins tab, because that’s pretty unnecessary)

And thank you for your kind words :happy3:

1 Like

StudioPresence’s plugin has been updated, you only have to update the Roblox plugin.

The responsiveness of the plugin is about 2x quicker, along with a lot of optimization regarding HTTPS requests.

Should fix this issue: HttpService extremely sluggish in studio - #19 by Evercyan

@Evercyan @2jammers please let me know if the issue still persists.

Additionally, it only switches to the tab you have used the most recently, this does not work with just switching tabs, however, if you are switching scripts and such it will.

3 Likes

V3.0.3

Fixes Performance Degradation in Roblox Studio

In summary, this should improve the performance of the plugin.

All that is needed to update is your Roblox plugin

1 Like

it does not work with my windows 11. It keep the node js runtime opened in the background and as soon as I close it, it stops working

It won’t work?? Do I need to install anything? Since I found the tutorial in the youtube I tried and yet there’s no presence in my discord?

I did this

• Install both plugin and the server.
  • Open studio
  • Restart discord
  • Extracted server in the desktop
  • Open server
  • Still no presence

help?

does the server display the StudioPresence started message?

1 Like

Ohh, anyways it works… I did not know it has some delays. It works like after 2 minutes, since i posted my comment.

Please note the presence does not have to show up until you focus on the Roblox studio window / start editing scripts etc. This is made so that StudioPresence does not consume any unnecessary http requests.

I dont know if this is just me, but the plugin stops working when ending testing
i have to disable and reenable the plugin every time i finish testing

Just select any script and then go back to whatever you’re doing. I’m looking for a solution for this problem

I have updated the icons, mainly the default studio icon, which has been fixed from being offset to properly centered.

If you have any suggestions for this plugin, please message me anywhere. I plan to add different icons and customizability.

Hey, I’m really confused on the MacOS install. I’ve downloaded it, unzipped it and ran the terminal. I typed chmod u+x and dropped the file in. I’ve got node.js as well, but nothing happens to the file. I opened it an it was just a bunch of text rather than something that could be executed, and nothing happens on discord either. I don’t really know how to work it, though.

1 Like

Myself I do not use MacOS and the installation guide is a contribution from people with the MacOS install. However, feel free to add me on discord @iarxic and we can try to sort this out right now.

Sorry for the bump, but I wanted to let you know that my antivirus goes off when I try downloading it. It claims that a malware generator was found in the program. I’m sure it’s a false positive, but wanted to let you know in case you find one of your scripts accidentally triggering an antivirus.

1 Like

AFAIK, anything downloaded from GitHub for some reason always triggers the antivirus. Not sure though, it could be this plugin too.

1 Like

I am aware, I do not believe I can do anything about this sadly. I was told by another dev I can buy a microsoft developer license to get this whitelisted on windows but that is expensive. If you’re still experiencing the issue, temporarily turn off your anti virus

1 Like

I don’t trust it I note gonna click keep if my virus scanner it not trust I not installed it especially if it comes from the Roblox community since there many malicious asset why nut use webhooks or something so we don’t need to install a additional file