Personal Rebrand | PictureFolder

Introduction
Greetings, I am PictureFolder I do Logo/Branding & UI/UX Design on ROBLOX and Off-Site. I have never really had my professional logo or mark, and I recently designed one. Moreover, I am thrilled to share what I have created with you all.

Inspiration and Direction
After researching through different platforms the logos around, I decided to go with a style that I have fallen in love with that is generally more futuristic and abstract; the intent is not exactly legibility but memorability, which after using it for several months, I have noted that it was successful. Since people remember and recognize the Pictorial mark.

I have stayed away from the primary and general logos you see on the platform since I am not a typical designer. I work professionally and want to be identified as a high-end and formal designer.

Inspiration

Regarding the inspiration, all the images were found on Pinterest and have been different kinds of logos that I enjoyed.

The First Concept
I started my first concept similar to the inspirations with a bold, big, and conjoined text leading to a folder vector that I designed. The first design being the following;

• I liked the idea of keeping the logo relatively short, therefore the text leading to the icon instead of adding text to say folder.

Second Concept
The next concept was slightly different from an approach going for a more ‘cyber’ style that I did not experiment with much. The second concept being the following;

• Although, I did find it to be an interesting idea. Ultimately it was not something I enjoyed looking at.

Third Concept
This concept I took a step back and returned to designing a logo based on the first concept, which I did enjoy. This one is even bolder, much like the inspirational designs referenced. However, also sticking to the cyber/futuristic style like the second concept. The third concept being the following;

• Although I believe that this concept was much nicer than the previous, especially the typography. The overall appeal still was not sticking with me, and I realized I really want to keep the vector of the folder included with the design.

Final Concept
At this point, I decided to start designing around the folder in the cyber/futuristic style a little differently after seeing some work on Instagram. This one including a logo mark and type mark for various types of branding, which I was happy with how it turned out. The final design is the following;

• I have been using this concept to brand myself since I made it. Since then, I have liked the marks far more than the previous ones and stuck with them. I have created mockups, including the marks and different elements inside of the design.
**Mockups & Different Designs
  1. Mockup 1

2. Mockup 2

3. Mockup 3

4. Mockup 4

5. Logo Icon
    Untitled-4

6. Banner

7. Discord Profile

8. Color Variants

Summary
I spent around a week designing and researching different styles and ideas, which has lead to a product that I love and am proud of. The overall design works at any scale, medium, and color combination. It is rememberable and effective for marketing, business purposes, and functional in any setting.

Thank you for watching and learning about the process that led me to this design, and I hope you like the logo as much as I do.

FAQ:

Q: You are aware the text is not very legible?
A: Yes, it was intentionally not designed around type legibility.

Q: Where can I find your references/inspirations?
A: Those can be found on my Pinterest as well as other art-related content.

Q: How many hours did you spend designing this?
A: The estimated time it took from start to finish was about 7/8 hours of

Signed,
PictureFolder | Graphic Designer

3 Likes