Pets in an Obby: Good or Bad Idea?

My friend and I have been building an obby and it’s going pretty good. We have around 20-30 players at any given moment and we are pleased with how it’s going. However we are looking for a way to boost players even more, and give them something to play for. I thought pets might be a cool way to keep the player playing. The pets would be simple simulator-styled pets that float behind you. They would maybe cost in-game money while some rare ones would cost Robux.
What do you think of this idea? Is it a good idea or a bad idea? I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on this subject!

• Good Idea
  • Bad Idea

0 voters

2 Likes

I think pets wouldn’t be a good idea. Unless pets give you a advantage like a jump boost or faster walkspeed.

4 Likes

As @Dolphin_Worm said, pets would not be a good idea. Apart of being pointless, they can block players view. I’m inside lots of obbyists communities and i have not seen anyone who has ever liked pets in obbies

2 Likes

This just generally does not seem like a good idea. If it was added, how would it keep the playerbase up? What encourages them to work for the pet?
Even with that the salt on the wound would be making some cost robux; remember, people are just going to buy it instead of working for it, which could definitely hurt some new or “poor” players.

2 Likes

I think it’s not the best that you can do, but since it looks me easy to add them it’ll be nice for players and also, kids love pets
If you want to add them, just make sure to do it good

It really comes down to what the obby’s theme is. For example a dog park obby, then yeah.

However, you have to ask yourself questions like, does the player have use for the pet after they complete the obby?

maybe you can give them a prize in the end of obby like something to fly i think a pets in obby not good idea as it will prevent the player from concentrating

Adding pets is kinda taking it to the next level. Would they be simulator style pets?

1 Like

Yes. I agree with you, thatgamecool.

1 Like

Think about this: What’s the general purpose of your game?

After reading your game’s description, it’s been determined that there is no purpose in having pets in your game. The main reason is that it’s an obby, people play your game to complete an obstacle course. Adding in the variable of your pets doesn’t seem fitting into your game mainly because pets wouldn’t fit in that type of genre.

Adding in pets to your game won’t boost your obby game. The only way that it will is to add more stages, new themes, etc. maybe even adding objectives to complete while doing the stage may boost player counts. For instance, collect X number of turkeys, finish X number of stages, etc.

In my opinion, pets won’t fit. I’ve described some ways to boost your player numbers above.

I’d say having pets is not a good idea. After the player has finished the obby, then there would stand no purpose of the pet. Maybe making the player who bought it just ripped-off.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be a good idea, mainly because they don’t fit on obby games, but people could start focusing on the pets and not the obby.

Pets in obby could be good just because of kids. Normal players won’t play obby to get some virtual animals. They play it to finish the obby, as @TDtheTV said, it could block players view. Just no.
No one will focus on pets when they just wanna finish the obby lol-

1 Like

It’s a good idea. Would love to pay some ROBUX for a cute little thing to follow me. It wouldn’t be bad, there are no cons to this. Maybe some wouldn’t get it but it’d be neat to have. And for play time for ingame money for pets, would be very good

2 Likes

Pets aren’t needed when it comes to obby games, if you view variety of types of styled games related to the genre you will find they don’t add basic boost options. Pets aren’t going to make players continue playing your game, as the purpose that is made isn’t quite a good option in my opinion.

There are a variety of ways of ways to give users a boost or continue playing your game. A good number of them provide better options to keep players to continue playing your game. In-game rewards or methods, to keep players to play your game longer are a good way boost your players.

If players are leaving your game within a few minutes/seconds; the game may lack proper elements that make it enjoyable. There are many other options to boost players try brainstorming ideas and incorporate them in!