Photorealistic Coral Reefs - Showcase & qna

I’ll be answering questions regarding how I make my builds photorealistic, please do ask questions! :point_down:

73 Likes

Wow thats insane! Great job!!!

3 Likes

Honestly, this is amazing. That first picture could be mistaken for real life.

4 Likes

Sir, this is only for Roblox. Please go post this in the Unreal Engine Forums. Thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:
__

Teach us :hushed:

12 Likes

How do you make those effects? Like, I really need a community tutorial.

1 Like

ask me any question you have regarding it and i’ll answer, there’s a lot of steps to achieving photorealism so i’ll try to explain as best I can

woah these look incredible! Great Job!! "D

1 Like

The effect in the water? You put models down of it, the water is an static model with script?, it’s normal water with settings?, it’s an script?

And how you made the sunset effect, etc?

This… Is… Stunning! This doesn’t even look like roblox! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

the sunset effect was because of the skybox & the atmosphere effects, the corals are actually a super low poly 3d model, and i’ve textured it and stretched it to fit the entire lake and yes the water is normal roblox terrain water

1 Like

Holy cow- This looks amazing! Was the terrain made in Blender / any other 3D modeling software? This must’ve taken forever to make. How long did it take?

no it actually doesnt take long, an hour at most to get the colorcorrection and brightness right

1 Like

Wow :grinning:
I love every detail flows to getter

1 Like

I really like the water effects. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

How did you manage go get that perfect sunset and sky in the first image? It’s amazing! You should definitely be nominated for a bloxy.

3 Likes

i used the celestial body dragger plugin to position the sun behind the mountain, It’s really my favorite pic out of them

2 Likes

What??? This literally doesn’t look like Roblox AT ALL. I’m speechless, this is fantastic. How do you do this? Amazing job!

1 Like

I’ve never considered using a roblox build as a wallpaper until I saw this…
Like, this is a genuine compliment that I thought I wouldn’t give for a longer bit of time. Awesome work man!

1 Like

I feel like there needs to be more size and height variation in the palm grove, otherwise this is amazing.

1 Like

I’ll like to use this as a wallpaper as well! Are we allowed to?

2 Likes