Physics: Improved Stability PGS Solver - Call for Test Places

Uploaded the place to an old slot and am now having trouble reproducing the crash.

Totally Stable

Is this the snake place?

I will try to reproduce the crash.

Yes, the creature is called Exocet and should be on the first page of the menu.

The version of the place without the new solver is here.
https://www.roblox.com/games/966642236/Dev-Test

Ok I can reproduce the crash, and it is related to the new solver. I will debug it for a few minutes and then disable the flags on your place.

1 Like

Sounds good.
Once you’re confident the issue has been fixed, I’m open to having the flags turned back on.

We will test again once the bug is fixed. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Could you also turn it off for my place? I haven’t been able to look into it today but I have seen a big spike in people reporting crashes.

Definitely feels like the constraints are more stable though.

Yes I did turn it off for all places listed here.

1 Like

Thanks. Do we have to shut down active servers?

It would be better to restart your servers yes.

It is done. Seems like the issue affected most users (visit lengths plummeted after the flag was enabled I am guessing):

Really excited for this change though once you work out all the kinks. Good luck!

I’d love for you to enable it for our game, we’d test it out with our cars.

2 Likes
1 Like

Working on a new vehicle system, may be useful to test here :smiley:

Controls: F / G (Foot brake, Hand brake)

1 Like

The game is private D=

What are the flags for this? Just UseLDLPGSSolver? Want to continue testing this out in Studio while it’s disabled in live games.

2 Likes

If still possible, please add the following place:

1 Like

I would love to test this out at my place, which uses constraint-based aircraft suspension. Smaller aircraft had a bad jitter, and larger aircraft that used free-rotating bogeys would always become unaligned (even with the Prismatic joint being reinforced with an AlignOrientation).

Not sure if I should request, since my development place is friends-only.

2 Likes

Can I get an update on whether my game Drifter! is using the test updates? My cars have become very bouncy and I don’t think I have changed much physically recently.

Thanks

still waiting to be able to test the updates myself.