Ping skyrockets to the thousands suddenly for many players

Players in my game are occasionally experiencing skyrocketing ping. It apparently started happening in the past few days or week or two at most. I’m unsure what is causing it or how to fix it, my only assumption is it’s an engine issue. After The Flash: Wintertide - Roblox

4 Likes

We’re also getting reports of this happening to some of our users with their ping spiking to 30k sometimes and the only way to fix it is by rejoining. Washington D.C.

2 Likes

I am also having this issue on another game. The ping is mostly in the range of 150-250ms but suddenly and randomly it rises to extremely high levels and return back to normal then the same sequence happens again randomly after some time.

I’ve also been experiencing this problem along with many others along with many others, my ping is usually averaging 200 then randomly it skyrockets to like 50k or more for a while which is very disruptive, it often takes a minute or more for it to go away or rejoining.

Edit: after a bit of searching, it seems to have started happening on the 5th of this month

3 Likes

I am 99% sure that I know why this is happening, and I am confident that this is not an engine issue, but rather something that I’ve screwed up.

In short, how many of those people with high ping are using Bloxstrap? If they are using it, what happens if you tell them to re-lock their framerate to 60FPS by setting their framerate limit in the Bloxstrap Menu to zero?

1 Like

I asked some people and they said they don’t use bloxstrap
One sent an image of the lag while playing on mobile too

I don’t even know what bloxstrap is and my ping still shoots up to the thousands.

Alright, I had a mini panic attack because there’s a known issue with it where one of the options have a slim chance of skyrocketing your ping. Thank you for clarifying.

1 Like

They are actively looking into my ticket with this issue as well:

@Ashi_Division is correct, this seems to be the same issue described in that linked thread. We’ve updated the title of that report now that we know a bit more about it; hopefully that makes it easier to find.

I’ll close this thread to ensure all discussion happens in one place. These additional details are still helpful though, especially:

• the place(s) where the issue is seen
  • when you first noticed the issue occurring

I’ve collected the details reported here, but if you have any additional details, please do post them in this thread: Large, unrecoverable increase in network ping

2 Likes