Pipe Dash (RACING MODE) is looking for feedback!

One of the most requested features (an option to change obstacle colors) is now LIVE for testing! At the moment it is available for everyone, but later will be locked behind “Builder Pass”. More colors will be available too… Likely, I will switch to using some kind of Color Picker plugin rather than a predefined color list.

2 Likes

Finally, got some viewports going… Which will be used in Shop UI and I REALLY REALLY hope it won’t lag too much on lower end devices.

4 Likes

Less fancy, but using Canvas (to clip rotated elements) I was able to create trail previews automatically. Always in for less manual work. Gradients work too!

Suggest more color combinations :slight_smile:

2 Likes

make movement smoother, instant acceleration/deceleration feels choppy

1 Like

What if you add textured trails using some ImageLabels?

Also, you can link to the devforum for updates in the description or writing updates on the description or ingame update chart too.

1 Like

Thank you, I plan to do that, but I think I can only link threads in a specific category and those can’t be replied to. But I definitely need to move to a dynamic changelog display, because I frequently forget to update the changes board.

1 Like

I do agree with you and plan to make some adjustments, but I also have anxiety about breaking a lot of (harder) tracks :smiley: So trying to figure out a way to ease the changes in by creating something like a “test area” where movement would be different.

3 Likes

Trying to do a bit of building and holidays preparation. I have a few ideas on how to tie up Christmas tree with the tipping system, but not sure if I’ll have time to implement all of them.

2 Likes

Also removed the track gravity that pulled free-riding players down. Obviously, the game is hard enough and it didn’t give any benefit, only frustration.

1 Like

Reached 50k visits milestone! :partying_face:

Although, lately majority of the traffic has been from Sponsored Ads and thanks to unbelievably bad Roblox search, the game hasn’t moved up even a little bit in the main keyword searches. It is a struggle, but I still hope to see organic 10 CCU by the end of this year.

2 Likes

Working on the winter holiday event! New tip jars, a few new boards and a tree (so far, pretty empty). I would also like to add a few more special things and a way for players to modify some of the decorations, but we’ll see.

1 Like

I think that your advertising is working, I saw your game in sponsored the first time I looked just now when I was seeing what games were being sponsored with the new ad manager, and I think the game looks fun.

Thank you. Ads are working indeed, but when I stop running ads - the player base drops like a rock and goes back to the previous level. There’s much more work needed in guiding new players, but not sure what to add. Maybe glowing arrows towards pointing to the easier tracks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A different kind of update :smiley:

Note: this is tongue in cheek and I did not expect to make back what I spent on ads just yet.

2 Likes

First off, Greate game and great idea. I can see it going far, but by playing the game, it feels very incomplete. For starters, the map is very bland and messy, especially when you see these big pipes sticking out. You should probably find a creative way to hide the pipes from people to make the map look more pleasing. You should also add a non-user generated map for new people to get the hang of things. Possibly in a map that gets harder as you get to each point.

Also the boards next to pipes aren’t in order of attempts, it appears random. Also I didn’t see a way to view my current attempts. It’d also be cool if maps could be given a community rating like geometry dash, you should look their for some inspo on things you could do.

Again, you NEED a non-user generated map. It might be a bit more effort to build one but it well help the game out tons.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! I agree about the non-user generated track, but like you said, it is quite a bit of effort and I’m not a builder myself. Also, the moving obstacles have client-based positioning, so syncing up a separate pipe for everyone will need coding too.

Regarding the attempts, the list near the track is showing the latest ones and your own attempts are displayed at the other side… together with the rating buttons! However, rating is pretty broken, because people give thumbs up to tracks that are easy, not to those that are well made.

1 Like

Small, but very important update! To balance the game difficulty over different platforms and control schemes I decided to mess with player hitboxes a bit.

• 20% smaller hitbox on touch devices
  • 10% smaller hitbox when playing with gamepad
  • 10% bigger hitbox when testing your level in the workshop

The last change will be a bit controversial, but it should slightly drop the difficulty level of all new tracks and lower the amount of super sharp turns and gaps that require pixel perfect precision which is pretty much impossible in Pipe Dash.

1 Like

I suggest you add an option to swap between latest and best, and keep the default as best.

Missed that, that’s good then.

2 Likes

I’m worried that any kind of “best” leaderboards would be soon filled with exploiters, because to keep the game as responsive as possible, most action is happening on the Client. Also people already used some of the common Roblox exploits that allows to warp through the obstacles. These I might be able to prevent, but not much else.

2 Likes