Pipe Dash (RACING MODE) is looking for feedback!

Had an intense coding session and two major tasks were done:

• Track sharing using Deep Linking (testing it out)
  • Track groups will not be reloaded (common complaint) if there are active players in them

If everything works fine, I will be able to chill a bit and just add more content or do UI work

1 Like

100 000 visits!

After playing around with the subtitle (Snowboard Obby) the game started ranking pretty well (in top 15) under “snowboard” keyword. Still haven’t moved at all in “dash”, so I’m thinking that some of the keywords are “locked” for one reason or another.

However, search still sends very few players in organically, unless sponsored ads are running.

2 Likes

I think I broke something… Maybe an invisible wall at the start to enter hoverboard mode, since I can just jump over it and walk through the course.

Amazing game though! (i’m addicted)

2 Likes

This is not broken, although I get why it looks that way :slight_smile: It’s intentionally allowed for players to be able to walk around the track so they could plan the route a little bit.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhh okay. That makes a lot more sense. I personally prefer learning as I go, but I understand that this makes more sense for most players. Great game!

1 Like

One question - How do the pipe numbers work? I feel like I’ve been on multiple pipes of the same number. Also, any plans for a competitive mode?

Pipe numbers are just markers that show which type of tracks are there. They will likely be removed or changed to a clearer identification system (N01 for first pipe in NEW section, F01-04 for FEATURED and etc).

I also plan to add some kind of map for easier navigation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added some throwable snowballs for the winter event :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OH SO YOU’RE THAT DUDE BROO

I saw that candy cane thing that you made that looked wrong, but I NEVER knew you were making this!

May I ask how you calculated the object positions for the map builder?

1 Like

Honestly, I almost quit while working on that part and looking at my old code I can’t explain how anything works. But in theory it should be calculating the position which is offset from pipe segment center by a placement distance and then at required angle push it by the radius of the ring.

And in editor itself I use raycasting (one ray for positioning, second one for finding hovered objects).

2 Likes

Something clicked in ROBLOX algorithm and it started recommend my game!

Might be coincidence, but the game also reached 100k visits around the time home traffic started growing. Other than that my metrics been around average with monetization being below.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Two new important things!

Items can now be unlocked with CODES. People asked for this a lot…

And if you don’t have coins and patience to play enough to earn them, you can now buy some. This is less about a new shop item, but more about the popup that supports shop-related interactions.

3 Likes

Trying to improve onboarding, because the playtime is way too low…

• Added a “welcome popup” with some information
  • Added arrows pointing to the “easy tracks”
  • Added more options for in-game currency purchases
  • Moved shop items around to prioritize boards over trails

On other news, it’s not doing too bad player-wise lately…

Earning almost nothing, because there’s not much to buy :smiley: But I am looking forward to see how premium payouts for these days look like.

1 Like

He has made mobile games in the past so I’m guessing that’s where this idea came from, apparently it’s inspired by Subway Surfers and something else.

I can think of a lot of Roblox games that seem like mobile games. Does it really matter?

1 Like

I think they just wanted to hate a little, but didn’t have anything better to say :slight_smile:

On a more positive note, time to celebrate first 500 000 plays milestone!

1 Like

The what?! What did I miss, the game is at almost 300 concurrent players and 700K plays, increasing daily, dudeeeee-

It was very sudden and random! Roblox just started recommending it somewhere and here we are. The peak CCU was something around 600. On a less fun note, engagement metrics aren’t great and rating dropped down by 20%. But that’s for me to solve!

Thank you for your blessing, it means a lot to me :orange_heart: