Pipe System math

So I just was wondering how this game makes their pipe system work Since I am trying to make something similar to it:

Anybody tell me how they did this and how I could do it?

7 Likes

This post is very vague. Is there anything you tried to do to match what you did in the gif?

2 Likes

I have tried to remake it if thats what you’re asking.
I am trying to make the placement system. and I don’t know how to connect the joints

2 Likes

Please give me part of the script you are using for this.
Also, I think you should use raycasting or something similar to connect the joints.

2 Likes

I mostly tried physics. I don’t know where to start scripting it I tried to look up any math algorithms
But I did not find anything

2 Likes

If you’re trying to make a pipe grid layout then you should probably try using math.floor. It’s very useful for these types of things, and might help connect pipes easier.
Might also wanna use Raycasting, like I said earlier.

Try coming up with a math.floor situation.
Something in this post might help you.

2 Likes

It’s not really just math, but you will definitely want to look into CFraming if you want to learn how to do something similar.
CFrame API

Also some research on the mouse’s properties may do you well. Since the movement uses the CFrame of your mouse’s .Hit property.
Mouse API

And lastly you will definitely need to work with ray-casting, particularly with a whitelist or blacklist.
Ray-casting API

4 Likes

Yes I think this is the way to go thank you!

2 Likes