Pirate Island- DevBlog: Super Bloxy Odyssey Alpha Demo ---Performance Update Two!

I’ve made most of it. Obviously the terrain system is all roblox. but most of the meshes are mine. I did borrow a few from the catalogue tho, just for small things like hats, (although most have been altered/retextured), the cards the cats are using and the signpost, (wish im pretty sure someone stole from spongebob battle for bikini bottom, so i guess i better replace that some point.)
The problem now is just getting things finished so i’m gonna start taking every possible shortcut from now on XD

Hmm, maybe you are right. I’m not going to do anything about it now, but bring it up during testing and if it still looks really disappointing i will change it.

Amazing job on this island it looks so good!!

Haha well…umm…still not there with the alpha yet, so i’ll just do some more screenshots so you know i’ve been doing something.

I built a town for my pirate cats to live in

Shot of the tavern/ great place to find quest or drink milk XD

I got quite a few NPC completed, they are animated, blink and move their mouths when talking.

Just press “e” to start chatting

The main dock is starting to fill up with characters too. As well as the clothes shop

This is a bit further into the town but i really like how this dingy back alley turned out.

8 Likes

This looks fantastic and I really like the lighting and the design. Looking at it gives me good memories of me playing Rayman on PS2! Good luck :smile:

2 Likes

Had to look it up XD didnt realize there was a 3d rayman on the PS2 yeah thats exactly what im going for… wish id added a helicopter jump now… it might not be too late XD

1 Like

This pirate island looks amazing! Awesome job on this! The detail is just really really nice. Everything looks detailed and the builds you’ve done so far look amazing. Awesome work! :thumbsup:

My suggestions are that firstly, for the text, perhaps make the fonts more pirate-y? Like some of the fonts look good, but some other fonts on the billboards, I think you should change the font of the text to something more “pirate-y”. Something like this font maybe:

For the bubble chat UI, I’d say you resize it to be a bit smaller and also add some more color to it. Changing the font is up to you as well, but I don’t think every bit of text needs to be pirate-y.

Speaking of which, for the first suggestion, perhaps changing the pirate-y fonts you have so far to something like the reference I showed you would make the pirate-y text you have more pirate-y. It’s really just your choice whether you’d like to add more pirate-y emphasization for your text.

Overall, the things you’ve done so far look awesome and amazing! Once again, amazing work! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

You are right, jungle run would make a good roblox game.

1 Like

I think roblox is adding more fonts soon so fingers crossed for something good…

1 Like

Good luck with this game, I think it’s very unique, I’m actually excited :grin:

1 Like

The palm tree meshes are amazing, I can really appreciate all the little details with the designs on the pillars, and the little mushrooms growing around the map!

1 Like

Really bad news guys. Because of the automated content ID system falsely flagging my textures. I have been banned by roblox. It is possible that i will not be allowed back and am therefore unable to continue working on my game.
Below i’ve include the textures that got me banned.
Feeling pretty depressed guys… I emailed support but they dont seem to want to do anything.
CatMush2 ItalianHotDog MicroSteak TotatoPS VegtableSoup

I am not sure but it could be because roblox does not like other brands in their games because of copywrite

Are testers still open? My discord Jakee#2344

Roblox have banned me and deleted my account for no reason, there is no game anymore…

I made all the pictures, i own the images and have the rights to freely distribute the clipart used within… There is no possibly of a copyright issues… This is just a case of roblox being terrible…I’ve totally lost everything cos the moderation system is rubbish

you may have already done this but im saying this just in case: contact roblox and try to get it sorted.

1 Like

I’m trying it does look like its gone tho…feeling pretty bad right now :frowning: hmm i think theres a small chance i have an autosave tho… i better check that before i go crazy…otherwise definite rampage is on the cards…

Also it looks like roblox is experiencing website problems atm so… i’ll hold it together i guess…

damn i know how it feels losing progress on something. F

1 Like