Pitch Black Shadows w/ Future Lighting

Heyo,
I have been working on an experience where I want the shadows around the map to be pitch black, I had them completely pitch black the other day but they for some reason do not seem to turn back to complete darkness and they are always able to be seen as just dim areas instead where a flashlight wouldn’t even be needed.

Any ideas on how I can make these areas completely dark?

2 Likes

Do you have a ColorCorrectionEffect? What is your graphics quality setting? Does anything change when you remove the Atmosphere?

I have a colour correction effect that increases saturation by .6 and disabling it does not do anything.
My graphics quality setting is on 21 or the highest setting in studio and in game.
Removing the atmosphere does not do anything.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to copy your lighting settings on the Castle template, and this is what I get:

Can you try downloading and opening the place file to see if it’s pitch black for you as well?

pitch-black-castle.rbxl (1.8 MB)

BTW, this is what it looks like with brighter lighting:

Yep I opened the place and it is indeed pitch black,
no idea why my other place isn’t doing the same.

2 Likes

And, you don’t have any other post-processing effects? That is quite strange. If you change your Lighting.Technology, does anything happen? If you can’t find the cause, I think the only thing you can do is lower you Lighting.ExposureCompensation to a negative value.

Nope, I have no other effects and like I said this was working perfectly fine last night and the shadows were pitch black as I wanted.
I was playing around and making exposure compensation negative but the effect it created was not desirable as it made the other lights and overall game lighting not look very nice.

2 Likes

Maybe you could post a bug report? If you don’t have access to the category directly, you can send it through Bug Support.

I guess I will do that then, thanks