Place Link inside Basic Info

Hi. It is a painpoint as a Developer to use the Creator Dashboard to find my place link when I am working in Studio and need to playtest something in a live server.

When I’m working with multiple places under different accounts or groups, it gets tedious to use the creator dashboard, or having to use my notepad to keep a print handy like:

print("https://www.roblox.com/games/"..game.PlaceId)

It is confusing to me that this is already not part of Basic Info as it is a good descriptor.

Please add a hyperlinked Place Link under Game Settings > Basic Info so that I do not need to go to the website and navigate to find it. It should be a one press.

thank you @Mullets_Gavin for showing me the bottom on the top right;
image (4)
RobloxStudioBeta_xC1USyD5g6

It is still confusing that it isn’t under Game Settings > “Basic Info” though. You’d need to know to check there, which may not be intuitive to Developers. It could just be added to Basic Info.

17 Likes

I need a way to get a link to a SPECIFIC place, because I allow users to join a place directly that’s not a “Starting place”, however there isn’t an easy way to obtain the link

It should be easy for us to get the Game link and SPECIFIC Place link

I’m also only just learning of this button, but unfortunately it only works on public games which is a bit of a shame. It’d be great if a “Copy Link” button was added into the asset manager as that would also let you open an individual place as well.