Play Solo logs me out sporadically and closes Studio

When I try to run Play Solo from Studio, I will sporadically get an “Unable to Connect” error that logs me out. When this occurs, it just closes out of Studio. This is incredibly frustrating, as I need to frequently test.

I’m using the latest version of Roblox Studio. I have good internet (100 Mb/s down). Windows 10.

unableToConnect2

From Twitter, it appears that other users get the same message every once in a while. I currently do not know how to replicate this issue. As mentioned, it happens sporadically. Sometimes it works fine.

This might be related to the issue @TechSpectrum is having from this thread.

4 Likes

Getting this as well. Also, every time I try to put in my username and password, it just warns me I’ve tried too many times and redirects me to the website, regardless of if it’s correct or not. At this point I just type a bit of gibberish into each field and continue to the website.

Hi ChipioIndustries,

That is unfortunately the designed behavior. We switched captcha systems in 2018 which meant you had to go to through the website. Then there was a change around Christmas 2018 to turn up the captcha rate to 100%. That means that you cannot log in with Studio without going through the website. We are currently evaluating if we can bring back captcha to Studio.

MakerManMac

1 Like

Hi Crazyman32,

It looks like Studio cannot connect to our servers. It might be caused by an intermittent connection issue. Could you please upload a Studio log file with it happening? They are stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%/Roblox/Logs

Thank you,
MakerManMac

2 Likes

Also having this issue with play test. If I start a server, 2/8 times it’ll crash and say “Unable to connect…” then proceeds with “Shutting down all active studios” or something like that. Thank god it lets me save my work first.