Player Count Changes on Experience Tiles

You can view it on the experience page under the description.

1 Like

It’s only getting removed from 16:9 thumbnails on games.

And 16:9 will apply to all games besides games I have already played.

4 Likes

To be fair, ratings are really inconsistent, especially for obbies and rage games. People dislike cause they’re salty.

4 Likes

I agree with this change.

Some people say that the quality of the game is reflected by the player counter, however I don’t think this is the case.

And we can still see the player counter when in the menu where the play button is.

This will also help people determine what game to play and help even out the player counters for each experience ever more.

I have an idea. Why not make the thumbnail always visible, but when your mouse hovers over it more information is shown? The playcount, rating etc would fade over the thumbnail with a nice gradient, and be easily visible.

A mock up I made in 5 minutes:

Then you could make a play button appear or make the thumbnail itself clickable. Why hide information from the users of your website? Make it immediately visible.

I feel like as this home page has gone through it’s thousandth rework, we lose a bit of info below the game tiles each time.

14 Likes

this is just another update to please their investors
also the pleasing rate isn’t true

1 Like

Sounds good. Hopefully will encourage people to use game quality and taste to consider if the game is good and not a statistic which wasn’t a sound measure in the first place.

Horrible change, expect all the fake places imitating real places to gain more traction.

5 Likes

I actually really love this idea

Good compromise for people who do and do not want this change!

1 Like

Exactly. This will only harm obby games further when they’ve already been done no favours by the dedicated Obby sort being limited to only containing a handful of games.

some games want players to literally stay idle in their game, and there are a ton of really small games that deserve a player’s attention

1 Like

Plus, I think not letting Players see the player count, is another way for roblox to force on what they want the user to play, and not what the user wants to play.

1 Like

imo, i think player counts dissapearing is both a blessing and a curse.

A blessing for games that get little players to entice more players to join instead of getting discouraged to try out the game.

A curse because copycats will be indistinguishable from the real deal.

1 Like

more horizontal space = LESS TEXT??

5 Likes

Roblox try not to make a stupid pointless change that everyone hates and will be a detriment to the platform as a whole challenge (IMPOSSIBLE DIFFICULTY)

I shouldn’t even have to make an actual post for you to know why this is a bad idea. Other people have already done that well enough. PLEASE don’t do this!

5 Likes

That is already a problem now, the copy cats have more players that the legit one because they put things in the title like “free items” or “updated”. :expressionless:

2 Likes

its unfair to rate games based on current player count. I have a ton of games that are not deemed “good” because they have little amounts of players. In reality, they are actually excellent!

This seems like a good increase of engagement based on the data that could simultaneously feel bad for players on their level. It’s kind of scary, but it also seems like it would be easy to revert back to player count if things go wrong. So, maybe it’s worth a try.

Agreed! Everyone complains about the same games being on the front page. Roblox addresses this issue and now everyone is still complaining. This update is trying to help us. But most of the post are looking at this update from a players perspective rather than a developers perspective.

8 Likes