Player Invite Prompts

Thank you for the feedback - we’ll take a look and see what we can do!

Please let us know if this issue persists. We hope this was just a temporary issue.

1 Like

These invite notifications will always be delivered to the users’ on-platform notification tray (Roblox app / roblox.com).

I mean thats not really helpful as I personally never check my notification tray. It would be better if you guys added push notification.

It’s in the works - stay tuned!

In the meantime, we do encourage you check the notification tray. We are actively working on redesigning the notification tray content and adding more notification use cases!

2 Likes

I have a question,

Will the notification for invite be avalible on Windows (system push notification)?

1 Like

Push notifications are not currently supported on PC/Laptop - we plan on addressing this in the near future.
Nonetheless, these invite notifications will always be delivered to the users’ on platform notification tray (Roblox app / roblox.com)

2 Likes

Thank you for flagging! Please note, this functionality currently works for users adding custom notifications to their own user-owned experiences, but not for collaborators or group-owned experiences.
Our team has identified the root cause and is actively working on a fix. We hope to have this issue resolved very soon and will update you once fixed. Keep in mind that even after this fix is implemented, players will not be able to see custom notifications right away. This functionality will be rolling out over the coming weeks.
We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

5 Likes

This was a while ago, way before this update. It’s probably fixed now.

1 Like

I understand that having the experience name present is a good requirement however there is currently no way for me to add custom text to append to the notification or fill a different field.

For example if I have 100 stages in my obby and wish to display the player’s current stage in the obby in the notification. I will be required to type out all 100 entries into the notification string page!

2 Likes

I see what you’re saying. This is excellent feedback. We are looking into safe ways of expanding the customizability of notifications. I hope we’re able to address this sort of use case in the near future. Thank you for your patience.

7 Likes

I probably will not use this yet, but I’m really glad that this customizable approach is being taken. One UI element that I really hope gets modernized with way more easy to access customizability is the inventory, along with some improvements to tools in general. The latter being the ability to choose if the tool is connected with a hand, or with the humanoid root part, and if and how a tool can be de-equipped.

3 Likes

this is nice, i guess, but this still doesnt let us create custom invite screens :frowning:

I’ve noticed these new paremeters in SocialService:PromptGameInvite() recently. However I didn’t think that you would actually launch out Developer Driven Invites.

I had concerns about a couple of things;

1. How would you handle malicious text put into the invite screen (in-game).
  2. How would moderation work if for instance the notification string had malicious or deceitful text put into it.

Also, I was messing around with the notifications and noticed that there is no localization option for them, will there be localization tools available for notification strings?

Update: This issue has been fixed for group-owned experiences. We will be adding collaborator functionality in the near future. Thank you for your patience.

5 Likes

Great questions:

1. For in-game text, developers are expected to abide by the Community Standards similar to any other in-game text. Users will be able to report this text via the in-game menu abuse report system.
  2. The custom notifications function has a text filter applied to it. Developers will not be able to publish any notifications that don’t pass our filter.
  3. Localization will be added in the coming months! We’re actively working on it.
2 Likes

I have an issue with the custom notification text not showing, it’s just showing the default invite text:

6 Likes

That’s rolling out in the following weeks:

1 Like

is there a way to customize the text or launch data in the main menu’s invite function?
i want to know if invites were accepted from any source. it might be a bit of an annoyance if you had to invite through in-game UI in order to get your friends to appear beside you or something. i think players would expect the in-game “invite your friends!” and the normal invite buttons to have generally the same behavior.

overall though i really like this update and can’t wait for further iterations, definitely a nice way to boost engagement

You could use Player.FollowUserId but I think that includes players who join from the user’s profile or friends list on the home page.