Player Invite Prompts

The best thing for me is that it is in custom notification and displayname :smiley:

1 Like

They could just set a rate limit like any API function should?

Great feature! Actually used it fairly recently to make a reward system for those who invite their friends to my game. However, I encountered an issue creating notification strings via group games. Nonetheless, it makes me happy knowing that it’s possible to make invite rewards again!

2 Likes

that doesn’t prevent sending invites without consent

I love the feature but really want this error to be fixed

Has anybody found a way to fix this error?

Wait……
Does this mean you can spam someone’s inbox?

if your friend spams the invite button, then yes otherwise, no.

Amazing new possibility! I can already see many creative ways in which people can use this, especially join data.

1 Like

The warning is still not fixed

But like when u dust say when an player joins an loop goos on so all his friends get spammed with messages, or does it show that gui first before the message is send?

Love this. With the introduction of a new “Notification” asset type, I’m wondering if mobile push notifications are on the horizon?

@ThatOneUnoriginal Yes, you can silence / prevent the notification from being pushed onto your device. You can decide which notifications you’d like to receive via push on the Notification settings page (Settings > Notifications).

Push notifications are not currently supported on PC/Laptop - we plan on addressing this in the near future.
Nonetheless, these invite notifications will always be delivered to the users’ on platform notification tray (Roblox app / roblox.com)

2 Likes

We will definitely consider this idea - thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

Please refer to this post: Player Invite Prompts - #56 by m0bsterlobster

We acknowledge the community’s request for more UI customization and will definitely try our best to improve this on future iterations!

3 Likes

Great to here.

Something else which would be useful is to know if someone has invited someone or not (e.g. like an event that will be fired) and when someone cancels/closes the UI. This could be useful if you want to have some type of reward system for inviting someone but you want it so even if they don’t join your experience you can still give rewards.

I saw someone asking today on how to do this and I don’t think there is a way which is a bit annoying.

oh wow. This actually seems like a good update. Is there a way that instead of having the prompts be in the user’s notifications its in the chat? Or possibly also have it so if someone is on pc, it’ll send him a notification? As the notification sending directly to device seems to only be available on phones.

Thank you for the feedback. For the sake of player safety, we want to ensure players are not being mislead with respect to which experience they are being invited to. This is why we are requiring the {experienceName} placeholder and making the {displayName} placeholder optional. We left a bit of extra space for developers to customize their notifications - we hope this is enough space to add specific area names or stage numbers.