PlayerList Updates

I would like to challenge this. As much as the old one was clean, it was not modern. Roblox as a company have to keep up with other game platforms/clients.

3 Likes

Player list is certainly improved from the old one but, can the old leaderboard UI be open sourced, I much prefer that as it matches the ui and is compact while having as many names as possible on it.

2 Likes

This is better than it was previous time. Still though, the color of leaderboard and its font don’t match with the rest of CoreGui. Changing the rest of CoreGui/redesigning this leaderboard would please my eyes a lot more.

2 Likes

The player list is okay. I do have one problem with it, however.

The main thing I like about it is the leaderstats truncation. That’s a big plus!

What I dislike is how much more padding there is between player names. Could you scale it down a bit? The new design heavily reduces the number of players that can be seen at once.

As a player, in games like Jailbreak and Doomspire Brickbattle, I’d like to see as many players in the list as I can reasonably read. The current design has a comfortable tile density already, at least on a 1366x768 screen.

11 Likes

I personally quite like this new player list. It looks very clean and modern but the only thing is it does not, in my opinion, fit well with the Chat UI. Overall, a lovely new player list! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I enabled “Show Hidden Objects in Explorer”, and the player list is created/connected regardless of SetCoreGuiEnabled. There are API calls being done for every single player in the server, which is a big problem for large games that disable the player list. @TheGamer101

Edit:
Made a post

8 Likes

Thank you for these edits! much appreciated! one last cool thing to add would be optional colors to match the players names like in the old days. Yeah go ahead and call me a roblox boomer idc.

2 Likes

I understand you guys at Roblox really want to upgrade the player list system, I would be happy to accept a new one I suggest making it slick and look likes it made to fit in place like the original one. Also this one is much better looking than the last prototype.

1 Like

Referring to what @GoldenYoshi05 has said, I agree with them completely, but alongside releasing a new leaderboard please update other CoreGui designs to make them match with this new leaderboard design.

1 Like

Hello Game Experience Team, the UI still looks clunky. Lowering the opacity on the background would help tremendously. Looking at the screenshots, my eyes are dragged to the player list rather than the games. It’s quite bold, compared to the current player list which looks great.

2 Likes

I do not understand this. If such a fundamental UI element is going to be changed, why not keep the other elements on the screen within the same style? Hopefully this is a sign of future changes.

4 Likes

It’s better to release any upcoming changes all at once, if you do just 1 part of it, it’ll look weird and therefore impact everyones opinion on it

3 Likes

You can argue that, however if Roblox tries a new core UI style, rolls it out to only one component, and it flops- it’s must less time wasted than if they redid all the core interface.

2 Likes

Very true! That would be so much better!

2 Likes

I’d prefer to have a toggle feature for it in settings. For example, a modern ui look button. For modern ui vs old ui.

7 Likes

You can always use your own custom playerlist that coincidentally looks like the old one.

1 Like

And maybe for future updates they can make either multiple versions of concept ideas or maybe they could make an announcement on here and let us design something and them make a poll to pick the best version.

I really quite like this, it looks really great! The only real complaint I have is the shade of it. The color just seems a tad too dark and doesn’t fit with the lighter color of the bar up top. I haven’t been very supportive of some of the newer Roblox updates, but I do think this could improve the looks of in-game ease of access.

2 Likes

Honestly, I am not happy with this. I love that you can see your stats up to billions (10 digits), and this looks too large and round. I definitely prefer the old one. Also, the place owner icon seems very ugly. Overall, this update is really not necessary.

11 Likes

For some reason I am still seeing the old player list, am I missing something?

3 Likes