PlayerList Updates

Could we simply remove the scroll bar from the Player List entirely? Instead of a scroll bar, just allow dragging of the list scroll up or down depending on direction. It would work even better if there was some indicator that appears if enough players are in the game where scrolling is possible based on current size of list.

This is an improvement but I honestly prefer our current version of leaderboard.

5 Likes

I still prefer the old playerlist and feel the new one looks a bit out of place, but I donā€™t mind as long as it wonā€™t block player GUIs like the previous iteration did.

4 Likes

This is much better than the first version of the new player list. before it just covered the screen and felt cluttered, however after seeing this I am supportive of it. Canā€™t wait for it to be added!

Personally, I like this new layout and the only two things, which I think are needed are:

• Remove the scroll bar in the UI (after removing you are still able to scroll)
  • Add settings for users to adjust the playerlist
7 Likes

Maybe fix the large gap between the side of the screen and the playerlist.image

7 Likes

i would welcome this playerlist much more than the old one HOWEVER
it still has a much unneeded change in style and does not fit into the rest of the current roblox UI

3 Likes

Who knows maybe they will do the chat box and others Next :thinking:

5 Likes

I think that you did a great job here. Compared to the last time. Though in the future I would like some way for developers to customize the leaderboard, like icons, colors, size and position etc.

I am guessing this design will be used for future UI updates too?

6 Likes

I much preferred the old one. It was alot cleaner, and had a kinda flashy design. I really am not a big fan of this one.

8 Likes

Does SetCoreGuiEnabled actually disconnect the player list or does it just set .Visible = false?
It may not seem significant but the performance cost adds up with 100+ player servers.

Even having all of a serverā€™s players replicated by default isnā€™t ideal for large MMOā€™s that need to perform well on mobile. All of the API calls being done for every single player in the server :upside_down_face:

18 Likes

Better but not perfect. Thereā€™s still something about the size thatā€™s off. I think itā€™s the boxes, theyā€™re way too large or maybe itā€™s the text?

3 Likes

Sweet changes! The new version of the PlayerLists looks really nice, and I like it! :happy2:
The layout looks great and the offset too, even the resolutions fit perfectly for a window resize. I appreciate both (Old & New) playerlists, and I canā€™t wait to see in the future! :woot:

You have done an amazing job. :+1:

5 Likes

It seems like almost half of the vertical space in each player listing is empty, causing the player list to take up a lot more space than it did previously. Iā€™d like if that was trimmed down.

12 Likes

I really love the new player list. I donā€™t care if itā€™s small or big. I want changes!

4 Likes

The new player list looks nice but will the chat be updated?

3 Likes

This is definitely an improvement because it fixes the problem of the size and the massive offset.

3 Likes

Quick question: Is there a way to resize the playerlist as an end user- similar to the playerlist used around 2013. Some people like the playerlist to be short and wide, or tall and thin, etcā€¦

2 Likes

Looks better however I still think it isnā€™t great, like others itā€™s a bit too dark, and in my opinion its too long in one of the pictures.

I understand that Roblox wants to ā€œmodernizeā€ some aspects but I think, and I seen a few others saying this too, the current older one is better, itā€™s simple, it looks good and doesnā€™t take up a lot of space.

On the topic of the core UI, I think it would be nice if we could scale, and customize the top bar, playerlist etc. A lot of times I wish I could just get rid of the top bar all together. It messes up any GUIs I make, (Iā€™m not good with GUIs but I play with them once in awhile).

Being able to customize this stuff would give developers more options and control of their games

5 Likes

Looking a lot better than before. Really appreciate you guys taking community input on this.

Vertical text padding on rows feels a little bit large, but itā€™s not too bad. Perhaps it should be possible to click on abbreviated values to see the whole number in a tooltip.

5 Likes

While I do agree with this change - modernizing the Roblox client, it still has some issues to address. For example, the top bar with the username and account age still has the older Roblox font (Source Sans Pro), while the newer PlayerList uses the newer, Gotham font. Also as I saw from the images, the topbar is lacking the info on values that you have (for example, it was telling you that your rank is New Member, your money is 100000, etc.) so you need to scroll down to find your username to find that information. The new PlayerList only has some minor issues to fix, then I think itā€™s good to release.

2 Likes