PlayerList Updates

It’s quite the eyesore for me, but maybe it’ll just take getting used to.

Just asking, is there a way to make a custom PlayerList for your game?

I don’t know how to make one, but it is possible, I have seen it done in many Roblox places.

You can disable the current PlayerList, take a look at the StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled documentation.

2 Likes

I dont like how it takes up lots of the screen that GUI’s might go, making it harder.

3 Likes

Although I love the new design, I prefer the old design due to it being more compact and it displaying the current players stats to the side of their name

3 Likes

I would rather if they adjusted the new player list to look less bloated and more consistent with the other CoreGui (adjusting the new one is not an option in your poll). I love the context menu on the new player list - I do prefer the minimalism and the icons of the old player list though, especially the creator icon.

2 Likes

Voting for it back is counter-intuitive and won’t get anything productive done. This change was released over a month ago and Roblox are clearly satisfied with it. Probably time this topic be closed and left to sleep.

1 Like

I know that it won’t bring the old PlayerList back, but I was curioud to see how many people wanted the old PlayerList back. Hopefully they at least make some good changes to the PlayerList. Maybe change the hideous owner icon to an actual GOOD icon. Though I only put up the poll because I was curious. Not to change it. I know mot just me can change anything. Though if the Roblox community complains A LOT, then changes will happen. The DevForum community may care but not all of Roblox and I know that. As I said, it is just for curiosity.

1 Like

You’re not the first. Please use the search tool before posting.

1 Like

I don’t think you have read MY comment right. I said that I did this for my curiosity. I didn’t do this so the old player list will be back. Now I did try to tell why they should change it back in my own perspective earlier about this, but I knew I couldn’t do anything about it. I even said that, too.

I mean the excess padding (empty space) and the out-of-place choice of colour. The player list looks huge on my screen, yet it displays far fewer people at once than the old player list, as there just isn’t enough space with the padding.

1 Like

There’s already been a vote regarding having the old player list back or the new one. Your vote was a duplicate and therefore futile.

Cheers! New update <3 love it, very fantastic.

Looks awesome! Maybe in the future the leaderboard should be more customizable, so developers can have more control of it?

3 Likes

It looks more nicer! But i slightly… prefer the last player list we had.

2 Likes

I do not care if the player list is reverted or not. Just noting, if I’m correct the player list seems to resize itself based on the max players allowed on that game.
My game with a max of 4:

Tower of Hell with a max of 20:

See the difference?

1 Like

The top of that code literally says

-- Do NOT change any of the coding below, even if you know what you're doing!

The code uses bad code practises and I’d strongly advise against using it (especially in a game with more than a handful of players)

3 Likes

Not only that, but it’s also painful to look at (the top of the list that gets created by the script) and it doesn’t show teams.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of how it looks. It’s opacity doesn’t match the top bar and chat window. The leaderboard is also massive which is pretty intrusive depending on the game. On top of that, it being detached from the top bar and the side of the screen making it look more like a GUI than something meant to stay on your screen imo.

4 Likes

For me new playlist is look pretty good

1 Like