PlayerList Updates

GUYS! I found a setting to turn it off, but it requires some pretty advanced FFlag magic

Am I allowed to link the tweet where I explained how to do it?

1 Like

Just an FYI – you probably shouldn’t.

The flags will also be removed in a few weeks as rollout is 200%, meaning it’ll only make it more of a shock to you.

3 Likes

I think you should make the hammer icon yellow so it can sort of pop like the old menu’s developer icon did.

2 Likes

+1 to this. I’d like to be able to view the Server Logs without getting noticed in game. A role that can view the logs but doesn’t have the Creator icon would be great. A way to turn off the Creator icon completely would be even better.

2 Likes

I think even mobile users wouldn’t mind giving up a single leaderboard row if it means they can consistently see their own stats at the top. Roblox design decisions seem to try to find a balance between being global but also a powerful platform.

3 Likes

The playerlist should automatically scroll to your name every time someone joins/leave the game, joins a team, etc.

I think that would become too distracting in popular games which use the standard CoreGUIs - reinstating some kind of row at the top for displaying a user’s own statistics would be a far more efficient method of making them clearer.

1 Like

Yeah no, I’m not liking this leaderboard. Sure, it’s an attempt to modernize it, but factors like the leaderboard’s size and the space between the names are ridiculous and make the leaderboard a downgrade almost.

1 Like

I have an idea, maybe add the ability to give certain users custom or predefined player list tags for things such as being staff or having a position in a cafe

Recently the size of usernames was changed to scale to the length of a username instead of being truncated. My personal belief is that I think that it should do this generally, but if it the text’s size small (like nerdybutdeadly56598) it should start truncating it.

I think that usernames should start truncating if they get any smaller than the_realeclipse1717.

8 Likes

But it makes the text harder to read

1 Like

I agree, and that’s why I said it should truncate it after a certain size to keep the size bigger, I don’t think it’s too small in most cases which is why I welcome this change.

2 Likes

I was not aware of this change, but I love their solution. Having my long, “Macawmangrovve12” get cut off was always really annoying, and I’m glad they found an alternative.

I don’t support truncating, even though users on small devices (like me) already have a hard time reading leaderboards.

No matter the length, I’d hate to see usernames get cut off.

I’d much rather prefer long names take up two lines, with the latter half on the bottom. This way text wouldn’t get smaller and usernames wouldn’t get cut off.

Taking up two lines would cause more problems in regards to making the list too big - it was already pulled and re-released once because of its sheer size in the original release.

They could of course reduce the absurd amount of space between each name entry.

2 Likes

Could we possibly be allowed to change the icons on the playerlist?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.