PlayerList Updates

:purple_heart: Cool feature!

The only thing that is currently interesting about this, is the fact that sometimes if I have one million dollars in Jailbreak It’ll pop up as “1M” and after a few minutes, it’ll turn into “1,200,245” for example.

5 Likes

You should post this as a bug report, I’ve noticed it too.

I like the updates you’re doing to it addressing the issues it has but, until it works perfectly, developers should have the ability to use the previous generation of leaderboard.

i dont know i want thoughts on this

• Make the new leaderboard an opt-in feature for devs until it’s fully functional, using the previous gen. leaderboard until then
  • Force the new leaderboard in all games.

0 voters

2 Likes

There is still the issue that in some older games that don’t have an UI to show the player’s stats, the player must scroll to find themselves in the leaderboards to check their stats. (ex: Money)

Are there any plans to fix this?

4 Likes

Yeah, and on mobile you just can’t see your stats, making some games almost unplayable.

6 Likes

Maybe roblox doesn’t want to add that and make all roblox games leaderboard look simmilar?

Just had this happen with the new player list, anyone else?

3 Likes

Really hope there will be a way to tell if the player list is open or not or that they’ll open the player list for modifications like they did with the chat scripts.

I have no choice but to have the gui buttons in place floating in the middle of nowhere when someone uses ‘tab’ and closes the player list or to make my own player list that has reduced functionality compared to the features restricted to CoreScripts.

2 Likes

I really hope at some point we get the feature of seeing your own leaderstats on top of the Playerlist. I really do miss that feature, navigating through large playerlists is not that easy.

3 Likes

The new player list is absolutely repulsive. The little tab that shows up whenever you click on someone’s name is ENORMOUS and the player list in general is just too big and doesn’t match with anything.

4 Likes

ROBLOX are in the phase of modernising there UI they are doing the Topbar and Menu when they can

I hope the UI’s get more modernized and efficient. Looking forward!

Hello, we have a few more updates to the PlayerList.

1. If you have edit access to a game, you will now have the developer icon appear next to your name in the PlayerList Leaderboards. This is a nice update for developers with group games. Thanks to TheGamer101 for this change!

2. We no longer show follow status. We did this to reduce the network calls that are made as we are seeing record highs in the number of concurrent players on the platform. We are not sure when/if we will re-enable this functionality.

We are still looking at additional improvements we can make going forward, including mobile support.

13 Likes

We are looking at this - agree this would be a good addition.

2 Likes

Mobile is a design challenge due to The limited screen size, especially in portrait mode. We are working on a design for this. Agree we need to bring this feature to mobile phones.

2 Likes

What icon is it? I don’t think it should be the hammer one.

EDIT: Maybe do a umm, idk

1 Like

The hammer icon for all of the creators of a game is a really great addition for me, because I do a lot of collaborations with my friends

1 Like

Love the new hammer icon addition, but it’s causing me some issues…

My alt has game editing access for the sole purpose of using the dev console. I play on it when I just want to play my game normally, without being noticed by others. Now that the hammer appears for ALL developers, I have to sacrifice the dev console in order to just play normally again.

I’d suggest adding who gets the hammer based on a group role or individual users.

3 Likes

Get another alt, I don’t think they’d change the way it works just because you want to not be noticed. lol.
All members in team create are developers. So not having the hammer symbol wouldn’t be right.

1 Like

Makes sense. Maybe it should be a setting to turn it on or off. :thinking:

3 Likes