PlayerListManager unnecessarily eats up CPU time

I do see it takes a lot of time during opening the game. Does it also happen during gameplay on your side?

1 Like

It’s even happening during gameplay, I even got worse without doing nothing

3 Likes

Drive World uses 4 int values under leaderstats, each one with a Priority value set to set player list sorting. Miles driven, cash, race wins and level. Cash and miles are the most commonly updated.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Do you see more cpu time spikes when the sorting happens?

Honestly I couldn’t tell you, since a full server has a lot going on all the time in the player list. Can do more investigation if that is the suspected cause.

Straight from the script profiler, this tends to happen every ~20 or so seconds, bringing my FPS down to 10 from 60

This was recorded (May 10th) on the client, I am on Desktop PC
It’s always this exact same thing that shows up when it causes lag, and in the microprofiler, it looks the exact same as @Lucatacos2213 's microprofiler

It only tends to occur when the place has 25+ users in a server at a time and happens irregularly, starts and then repeats, only to stop entirely after about a minute but then starts lagging again eventually,
it might be caused when a player leaves? Could’ve just been a coincidence that it lagged when someone left

I’m experiencing this on a game I work on with another person,

I run at 60 fps when I’m alone in the server
idk if this info helps but:
gpu: GTX 1060
cpu: AMD 5500
ram: 16

edit:
Experience chat main loves to cause issues aswell, dont know why

1 Like

Also happening in my experience: [🔥 UPDATE ] Police Roleplay Simulator 2 - Roblox

2 Likes

Bump

1 Like

Here is similar topic Major Issue with Roblox performance and frame rate - #33 by Laverdio

It is about input issue when you press the key and rotate camera with mouse FPS will drop. It is especially visible on low end devices. You can check it on your own and see that in microprofiler when you doing this PlayerListManager or Unkown script takes a lot of ‘ms’ time. And it happens in every game.
Thanksfully roblox guy said they investigating it.

2 Likes

We just shipped our own player list in Drive World, however I’m still seeing micro profiler tags for PlayerListManager. Why is this still running when it’s completely disabled?

6 Likes

From looking at the CoreScripts briefly, I think it still runs the functions related to the player list in the background regardless of whether it is enabled or not.

1 Like

Bump, this still occurs. Repro steps are same as the original thread, and happens on PC for us. The StatsItem objects are being indexed by their DisplayName, then a method call to GetValue, followed by a method call to GetChildren.

1 Like