Players Asking For A Refund, What Do I Do?

Yes he did, and he also deleted the gamepass

3 Likes

Exactly

2 Likes

I didn’t tell him to delete the gamepass tho it was his decision…

2 Likes

Very true

2 Likes

If anything, Just tell the Player.

" Sorry for the inconvenience of your accidental purchase but all sales are final and i cant offer the refund for your mistake. "

1 Like

I actually copied some Text from Cindering’s
FAQ Thread saying something like that and told it to him

2 Likes

Seems legit, As long as you kept them informed and put the fact straight that you’re not able to just refund off the start.

2 Likes

https://gyazo.com/0db54d4d6a8b9891edfbe6f2c2e00259?token=04a6739736dae2a630eb7f6d8bb6a792

WHY!?

2 Likes

The best solution is to not freak out and inform the group members/viewers the following.

" Please disregard the post by [User] Please note, All sales are FINAL, Meaning so if you accidentally purchase a gamepass and/or an item from the group I am not able to offer a refund as Roblox takes a percentage of sales. "

4 Likes

Thank You. (I can’t comment that on my gamepass it’s too long but I’m fine, look there is already someone defending me :smiley: )

https://www.roblox.com/library/1437337065/Plushie

So is there any appropriate time to give a Refund?

2 Likes

You can offer a 25% discount meaning If they bought a 1k item by accident you can give 250 R$ back

2 Likes

I would direct them to info@roblox.com since they alone have the capability to refund purchases properly. Of course they will never actually do that, but at the end of the day you’ve done all you can and they can’t blame you for Roblox policies letting them down.

Also it’s obviously not scamming if they received the services they paid for, even if they deleted the game pass like an impulsive child. You have no further obligation here, ignore him.

12 Likes

If you want to give him a group payout, you can.

But honestly, Roblox makes that “Buy Now / Cancel” verify window pop up for a reason.

3 Likes

I did tell him to Email Roblox tho, he kept asking how so I told him “Please Google it”.

2 Likes

The more popular your games become the more of this you’re going to see. You’ll have to ignore it.

3 Likes

Yeah I know, but it’s not like I scammed him or something, it’s all on him

1 Like

Jeeezz, it’s not even popular, I only have 10 people Playing atm, there was about 50-80 Players while Sponsor was still active.

2 Likes

That most likely contributes to the problem. Many people don’t expect the top developers to read their messages and they certainly know they can’t expect a refund from them. But if your game isn’t very popular, and you aren’t as “unreachable,” they see a chance that you’d read the message and consider it.

2 Likes

OHH , I see.

So this is very normal for Roblox Devs

I tried to find a Thread about this but found nothing so I had to made a thread for it, I hope this thread will help others too.

2 Likes

Yes. It is normal. People naturally suffer buyer’s remorse when they grow bored of the game and decide they’d rather have their money back. This happens in the real world all of the time. I don’t believe that Roblox even entertains the idea of adding a refund feature because we’d end up losing a high percentage of our sales just because players change their minds after having already made use of their purchase.

4 Likes