Please feedback my game [MY FIRST DRAFT OF GAME]

[MY FIRST DRAFT OF GAME]: I am working on my own first draft of game. I would like to get your thoughts and feedback of this game.

WARNING: I have to warn you through, my game doesn’t have audio or any sounds. I’m FULL DEAF developer. I haven’t hired any sound developer yet. I’m poor :sob: Would be nice if you donate or invest in my own game.

Description of my game: This game is inspired by game called [STEEP STEPS] made by jandel.
So, thank you, jandel for inspring me. But my game isn’t same as that game. It’s very different. So thank you. The game is about your goal to walk through the obstacles and manage your own body temperature. Solve the puzzles. There’s no a tutorial. You yourself will have to learn through the obstacles that what is exploration!

[MY GAME] Frostbound Ascent [BETA] - Roblox

After this my first draft, I do plan to rewrite the programming. Since there’s many bugs and I learned a lot from making the first draft. Please make a recommend or suggestions to me. I’ll listen.

7 Likes

You definitely need an icon and pictures.
The spawn is very empty and plain.
And what’s with the altitude?
As a player, I have no idea what to do in the game and that’s why I left. So from the Lightning and the atmosphere very cool! The particles were also very nice!

I am so sorry :sob:
Just tested with people.
Yeah, spawn is too plain. Though you need to use torch on the fire to re-blaze your torch to make the gate open. Yeah… it’s still very buggy.

I realize the game is too hardcore.

I’m just learning the UI stuff.

2 Likes

Honestly, cool game but frustrating for beginners as it’s hard to see, don’t know what they suppose to do, what are the obstacles do, what temperature even means? Very confusing.

Thank you for the feedback. I’ll try best to solve this confusing.

Love the atmosphere, game seems really nice, the map is very clean, I like it a lot

I got to the second checkpoint but my flame went out for some reason, and I died afterwards, so that’s where I left it.
Did not encounter many puzzles up to that point…

Like others pointed out, it’s unclear what temperature is for, and, if my flame goes out, do I have to restart???

Sounds would definitely add a lot to the experience,
Overall, I do like the game, it has potential in my opinion

Ok that map was absoulute :fire: but I had no idea what do to, awesome first draft though.

Thank you for the feedback! I’m not sure I should add the tutorial or not. The problem is the intention for the game is through by mistake and experiences. I think, personally, that’s what makes it fun.

That’s what I thought. I feel like my game have really good potential. I’m not sure I should add the tutorial or not. The problem is the intention for the game is through by mistake and experiences. I think, personally, that’s what makes it fun.

Do you have any suggestions or recommend to me? The game need more hints? or I should really add the tutorial?

Thank you for the feedback though! :heart:

Hints over a tutorial, in my opinion

However, what I think is a bit of an issue with your game (at least the first part I played) is that it’s um more of a platformer and not really a puzzle game, other than like igniting the torch at the start. If it’s going to have the torch and temperature (which I still don’t know what it’s for), there should be puzzles using them from the start

Very neat game!

Definitely has potential, I read that the spawn is very plain, I honestly disagree. It’s cozy and nice for an introduction. I’d suggest to add something that points the user to light up their torch at the flame because it took me a bit of time to figure out how to do the first checkpoint.

Keep up the good work!

Good game, I like the concept.

Maybe try adding some SFX? There is litteraly no sound but just my footstep :sweat_smile:

The dialog is veryyy long. You could try adding the skip button!

In conclusion, good game! I know you can do it! :heart_eyes: