[PLEASE TEST + FEEDBACK]: Da Brickz, a retro style da hood game

There’s about ninety buildings in your game and only ten aren’t empty. Every building should have a purpose in a game, not be a decoration.

1 Like

Great advice. I’m not making it so all buildings have a purpose due to keeping performance decent, but my goal is having 1/3-1/2 of the game’s buildings have a use, either aesthetic or game-changing.

2 Likes

I just want to say thank you for all the support this game has been getting.

It was #1 TRENDING in r/robloxgamedev and #4 in r/roblox (also the most upvoted creation of the day)

We’re working on a map overhaul and a lot more goodies which im excited to post here soon!!!

6 Likes

Hey, is this game still in development?

1 Like

I personally don’t agree with the mild gore. Old roblox from what I know didn’t have gore, just brick characters falling apart

1 Like

Yes! Still working on it, pretty much the same as before due to a loss of motivation.

2 Likes

Just try to make the difference not insane, because new players might end up leaving if the same player who has played for hours apon end and grinded out stuff hunts them down.

What do you mean? Difference in trees?

Difference in money, stats, guns, and I suppose knowledge of the map.

Make it extreme gore instead of mild.

you mean like neighborhood war? is this what we should add? (I’m not sure as we might not want the games vibes to go in this direction)

neighborhood war vid (some gore)

The Roblox Neighborhood War Experience - YouTube

Just add an option for like levels of gore. Make it customizable.

Gore should be retro styled. Back in 2013, the well-known BloodScript was found in zombie models, and it created red bricks coming out of your character’s torso.

1 Like

are you looking for any moderators to ban exploiters

Maybe! The game isn’t totally finished yet.

1 Like

One thing I do not agree on this is that it’s supposed to be “retro”, and since this looks like old Roblox it’s goal is to replicate it, I’m pretty sure Extreme gore was HIGHLY unlikely in that era

1 Like

Are floating trees a bug or a feature?

How about old animations? I’m sure they exist.
Edit, Played the game here are thoughts:
First of, Oh my god the lag the guns creates for low-end gpus is crazy, i literally drop to 7fps when shooting due to heavy muzzles and details
I like the smooth sprinting animation but it does not fit this game’s type of style.
I like the camera bobbing! So much! How did you do it may i ask?
Also you can kill the cashier

Not sure if this intentional or not.
Where did my arms go?!

Why is the grass so shaky?

Also you can really stay high in the air with these types of weapons

ok just let me know i could easily do that

Also make the player more blocky with no bevels