[Plugin] AutoScale Lite for GUIs - Scale your UI

I cannot TELL YOU how much I use this plug-in. Probably one of my favorites on the platform. It would take me much, much longer to scale things on my own. Thank you!!!

3 Likes

Is the position scaling meant to not work most of the time? As more often than not it is off when converting.
https://i.gyazo.com/b3375e4c4eb6915375de4f031ce5ad02.mp4

1 Like

The position scaling works, it just slightly changes position everytime you convert it. I’ll look into it.

2 Likes

Hey there! I’ve read your tutorial but I don’t think this is working properly. https://gyazo.com/0be4d2a2d82cd1e4e0b1862fda37b5d8

Any guidance is appreciated.

@ZacBytes

That is expected behaviour. The constraint retains the shape of the background image when the window is resized. (When width decreases, so does height).

In order to fix this, dont add the constraint to any images that take up the entire screen, just change it to scale size.

Thanks for your timely response.

Is this expected behavior? https://gyazo.com/4b1c2c645faa437e84669d5ea34e7c42

My end goal is to have the UI look the same across all devices.

1 Like

Why did you manually spam images to make a background texture lol. You should just do it in software to make it a single image or do it through code if you want it animated.

And in order to fix it, you should change all images in the background ScaleType to Fit

Thanks for the help. Amateur at UIs for the most part so do expect weird things. Haha. Thank you!

1 Like

Am I getting this wrong, or is this supposed to scale it for all devices?
I tried using this with the steps you stated, but it doesn’t seem to look right on the Emulator in studio.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Can you elaborate on the steps you took and maybe add screenshots?

1 Like

I added a constraint to all children in my screengui (Not descendants), but when I go into the emulator, it looks like this afterwards.

Keeping an extra note, I did not use anchor points, which is possibly affecting it. I also used Scale.
(Original)

(Emulator on phone)

2 Likes

Change your image ScaleType to “Fit” to prevent stretching and instead of adding a constraint to both of those boxes, put those two boxes into a single frame and put the constraint in the frame only. This way, they dont scale independently but as a whole under the main frame

This is AMAZING. It was so frustrating for me trying to figure out how to make the GUIs not overlap on all platforms but this makes my life 10x easier.

2 Likes

I put everything into one single frame, and set scaletypes, works for everything but for TextLabels.
The textLabels seem to work fine on the emulator for ipad, and computer- but on the phone, it looks like this:

2 Likes

Adjust the text labels accordingly, did you set size to Scale? If not you can try using text constraints

Tried Text Constraints…doesn’t really work though, and yes I set the size to Scale.

1 Like

hew I am having a problem how do I fix this

2 Likes

Have to tried Size > Scale?

yes and i am still having that problem

Tried putting a UIConstraint into the Frame?

1 Like