[Plugin] Power Selectors: Selecting parts made easy!

Hey, this issue is still happening to me and I couldn’t find anything that’s causing it. I took a video here with Gyazo.

:link: https://i.gyazo.com/bc1c76f5d559af5072f13c001152fcc0.mp4
(The tool does not select the chosen part, and sometimes it will select random parts on the workspace. In this case, union/mesh parts/part. Yes, this is in Team Create. My friend is also in the place; building stuff)

Although, it does work w/o Team Create. I’ve tested it multiple times now and it works like a charm! As I was saying, if it’s a bug or haven’t been implemented yet, please do. I really request this to be a feature as it will be useful when team creating.

1 Like

Marvelous plugin! The only thing I would suggest is to add a method to remove the UI at the top of the screen that states how to operate the plugin. For example, an “x”.

1 Like

this is soo useful like i don’t have any words to thank you!

1 Like

Yeah haha I tried it out and I kept trying to use certain Blender hotkeys like right click during the circle select thinking I was in it lol!

I have a few suggestions:

• Can the hint up top be removed permanently with a button to the right of it?
  • May we also be able to close the selectors with the Esc key?
  • If a part is already selected, may the green selection box instead be blue? Green indicates it’s gonna include it when it’s already included.
  • Might it be possible to increase the scroll step for Circle Select just a tad?

Also how did you invert the screen color wherever the cursor is?? Is there some hidden API to get viewport pixel color or is this just some hack?

2 Likes

Good suggestions.

I set the mouse cursor to rbxasset://SystemCursors/Cross. This makes it use the system cursor. I’m sure it appears differently on a Mac. For reference, this article lists a bunch of other system cursors you can use: Mouse | Roblox Creator Documentation

3 Likes

Este pluying esta re bueno nos ayuda mucho mas para la gente que le gusta hacer sus construcciones en roblox studio muchas gracias.

2 Likes

This plugin will be the next best plugin in 2022

4 Likes

Hey, just to give you a quick update. This issue is still happening to me, or likely with everyone else that is in Team Create. This issue is not resolved. I’ve recorded another video/gif here:

Property:

• Locked :x:
  • Anchored :x:
  • CanCollide :x:
    (I don’t think it has anything to do with the objects’ property but yeah, hopefully this issue gets resolved soon)
2 Likes

Yeah, this is a weird issue… I wonder if it’s using the other player’s camera as the raycasting origin? If the two of you make your cameras overlap w/ the viewport resolution roughly the same, does it get better?

This bug report is very helpful, btw. Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, I managed to repro this bug. I didn’t need to have another player with me on team create. Will work on a fix! Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes

Pushed a fix, make sure to update the plugin. Please let me know if the bug is fixed!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, bro, it’s working now! This will definitely help and save time.
https://i.gyazo.com/476c85b310627e7a667a249088ce2ebf.mp4
(Anyway, good luck with this plugin. It’s really awesome and underrated. I’ll keep on supporting ya’ in your future projects! :wink:)

3 Likes

This plugin is absolutely fantastic but there are a few problems and I have some suggestions. When selecting an object with a big box or box that is just empty the bright blue and green selection boxes don’t allow you to see through it and deselect things behind it or it makes it hard. Example:

What I suggest is to make it customizable like the roblox studio built in customizable selector. I have a lot more suggestions but I don’t know if you want to hear them but anyway this plugin is god tier just saying :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I might want to reduce the transparency/thickness of the box overall. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Thanks for this Plugin is so sick i Need ty

1 Like

Do you plan on replacing it with the Outline Instance when that releases?

1 Like

Maybe! Depends if it’s performant.

This literally helps me so much, highly recommend this plugin like for real.

1 Like

Alright, I’m sold lol.

Edit: Just tried the plugin out, this makes building so much easier and more efficient! The blender-style circle select as well as being able to select parts in a model is a game changer!! Thanks for making this! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I found something that you probably cant really fix so when i bind the circle select to C and try to use the c keybind in F3X the circle select takes priority is there a way to fix this other then changing the hotkey?

1 Like

There’s no way to change that, sadly. That’s really an issue with the F3X plugin.

1 Like