Plugins don't use new icons

Reproduction Steps

In the new Studio UI build with the high DPI icon redesign enabled, open any plugin using the StudioService:GetClassIcon() API; for the following examples I will be using Reclass.

Expected Behavior

I expect the icons to match the new icons.

Actual Behavior

The legacy icons are shown instead - it is impossible to get the new icons to show.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

16 Likes

I was doing some messing around with the rbxlocaltheme protocol and turns out it only renders in the ribbon

Easiest solution would be to just bake the icons into ClassImages.PNG

Same issue on my plugin. (Old Screenshot, but acts as the same thing)
17993c3d851ab2bea950ee937524ab611bb15ea3

This was an oversight, not an intentional omission, it’ll be fixed.

8 Likes

Is there any update on this? Forgive me if I missed something, but I’m still not seeing a way to retrieve the new class icons.

1 Like

Still waiting for this. Would you mind bumping the issue internally if it’s fallen off the radar?

1 Like

Does that mean there are two active tickets for this issue?

I want to make some better navigational plugins but I really need the Class icons for it to look good and match every instance. I can manually set it up, but that would be an hour or more of toil.

An update on this would be great! :pray:

This got blocked for a while due to uninteresting internal circumstances. It’s still live and will get done.

3 Likes

Also just wanted to remind you of this: plugin:OpenWikiPage does not respect Creator Docs

as these issues are kind of related.

Any updates? This is still a recurring issue.

2 Likes

It appears that StudioService:GetClassIcon() now uses the new icons.

EDIT: It does look like some icons are missing though. For example:

3 Likes

I would still consider this method not using custom icons still a bug, class images should not be relied on it.

I’d make a new bug report about this. This is because all of the new icons are now in Roblox’s file directory (under AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-xxxxxx\content\studio_svg_textures\Shared\InsertableObjects\). However, some of the new icons (such as Trail, ParticleEmitter, etc) do not appear to exist in this directory.

Edit: Posted a bug report here

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.