Plugins for References?

Hi, I don’t know if this belongs in Building Support but that seems to make sense…
I’ve been looking for a while, but does anyone have plugin recommendations for showing references while you’re building? I understand I’ll probably have to upload the reference to Roblox as a decal first, but if there’s a work around for that, that’d be even better. Switching tabs every few minutes to look at my reference is becoming a little tedious.

1 Like

I know a developer who will insert a UI containing the picture. Unfortunately, UI is only limited to the place window, so if you want more than that you might have to consider an external application (or even an external device).

1 Like

Hey there, George!

I have not seen any plugins for showing references sadly.

You can try doing what I do though, I have 2 monitors, 1 of them for the Roblox Studio software and the other monitor for the reference image, It helped me a lot and was much easier! There are other ways too if you use laptops, Use your laptop screen to keep the ref images on and use a bigger monitor for your Roblox Studio.

I do wish there would be a plugin that would be made to show reference images or even a Roblox Studio update where they added that as a feature, like blender as shown:

1 Like

Here is another way I forgot to mention earlier! Let me show you:

2 Likes

aw that’s too bad, thank you for your help though!

Hey, just saw this and I know you’ve already marked a solution but I know exactly what tool is really handy for this.

PureRef; Download | PureRef

This isn’t a Roblox plugin but an external software, which makes it better as you can use it for purposes outside of Studio, + you can drag it anywhere on your screen (you can do this by holding the right mouse button)

It lets you paste in multiple different images, zoom, change window size, drag, etc.
Just make sure to enable “Always On Top” in settings when you use it so it doesn’t tab out. (If you’re having trouble finding this setting a quick Google search will likely help).

Also just adding in case of confusion, it doesn’t cost 15$, just click ‘custom’ and put it to 0, unless you wish to donate that is.

4 Likes

Omg thank you! This is perfect!

1 Like

This is some really good software! I truly recommend it and have used it for a very long time.

If you’re interested for plugins specifically within roblox studio, I heavily recommend you try out Local File Importer Plugin, it allows you to upload computer local files into your studio session; esentially skipping the web upload wait and moderation.

It’s extremely useful if you just want to quickly insert decals and incorporate them into your Place, if you work with things like blueprints that give front, side, top views it helps a lot.

I hope this helped :^)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.