Poly Adventures Dev Log #2 - New and Upcoming Island Adventure Game

Dev Log #2, 2nd August 2021

Welcome to the second Dev Log for Poly Adventures! A new and upcoming Island Adventure game. Feel free to leave any suggestions or ideas that spring to mind in the comments and we might use them!

The 5 strong team:
@luckysuperman2 - GFX Artist and modeler
@supergreatr299 - Scripter
@dinoboy5560 - Builder
@teddyraptor5 - Builder
@Psynite - Builder/Modeler

More tools and weapons

Some tools you can find in-game!

As we said last time, here are some updates to the map!

Map Updates

Next we have some player updates and monsters,

Player updates and Spooky Monsters!

Some tools you can find in-game!

If you made it this far, Thanks for reading! If you have you can ask them in the comments, I hope you tag along for the next dev log!

Were also hiring an Experienced Animator to come work for us! If you are interested feel free to DM me on discord CiaranGames#7467, Must be 13 or over to apply, Fluent/Semi-Fluent in English would be appreciated

In the next dev log you might find:

• New Animations
  • New, Bigger Map
  • More Monsters
  • Lively NPC’s
  • and more!

Feel free to check out our last dev log here: Click me to travel to our last dev log

8 Likes

Make the handle bigger on fishing rod

2 Likes

We are planning on remaking the fishing rod, but thanks for the feedback! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No problem!!! :)))))))))))))))))))))

Cool! I really like the art style of the game and I think it will be nice!

2 Likes

It looks really good. I can’t wait to play!

2 Likes

The sword looks too stumpy in my opinion, if you makes the part under the handle smaller, make the bottom just not flat, it’d look really nice. Overall the game is looking very nice!

Oh, don’t worry that isn’t the sword! That is the dagger! If you want to see the sword its on the first devlog. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey! Really cool game you guys are working on. I suggest you post this on #bulletin-board instead of #help-and-feedback

2 Likes

it is allowed to be posted on here, and i’m sure they only posted it on here to get more attention or to get feedback.

for feedback on the actual devlog: the axe’s handle is too thick and it should be longer. the sword at the end’s blade, hilt, and handle are too thick, as for the decoration piece. it should be thinner, and longer. some buildings just do not fit in with the pure flat terrain, try adding bumps, hills, grass patches, snoother contrast, etc. the farming should be done on a custom texture soil, and the sprout being just a cube shold be changed. the zombie without an arm’s bone is sticking out way to far. the fork part would be half a stud away from the shoulder. maybe have different clothing variations? the skeleton is also way too tall, try creating your own custom skeleton. just some animation advice: if the tool they are carrying is heavy, or if everything in their hotbar adds up to be a little heavier, make them walk slower.

so far i like the game

1 Like

I am aware of that, if you read, I said suggest.

1 Like

my mistake then. i thought you were trying to have a friendly way of calling them out so you wouldn’t break the rules. but why would anyone do that even, i guess.

1 Like

Yeah, The main reason we did post it to here is so we can get feedback on the game like you said!

1 Like