PolyBool Lua Library

Hi all!

I recently wrote a port of a js library that provides functionality for 2D boolean opperations on polygons. I’ve found it’s super useful for just about anything you can squash down into 2D so I figured I’d share it with all of you as well.

Here’s a Roblox model if you prefer:

And here are some screenshots of what it can do! I’d have prefered a better demo, but filling concave polygons is a pain. Check out the demo on the js library to get a better feel.

67 Likes

Wow, I really love this! I am already thinking what i could do with this, if i would do another plugin or implement this in a game. This opens many doors, I will check this out, thanks EgoMoose!

P.S.: Sorry if I am just dumb, but this is written in javascript, not in lua, ok then what is a port? (I am feeling now that this is a dumb question, but I want to understand if possible)

1 Like

When he says he ported it he is saying he turned the Javascript code into Lua code so it can run in roblox since roblox doesn’t run javascript code.

As for the library itself, looks very impressive. What are some of the practical use cases you planned for this library to be used for? It’s definitely cool ahaha. Another great contribution from EgoMoose!

2 Likes

Wow thanks, now I am feeling me smarter. Thanks.

Is there a significant performance benefit now that this uses Boolean logic?