[PolyWars] Devlog #1 - The plates and units!

NEWEST DEVLOG: [PolyWars] Devlog #2 - Better vehicles and local matchmaking!

Greetings Forum.
Welcome to the first report of our project for a high quality stategic battle game, also known as “Plan B”.

Inspirations

Inspired by Clash of Clans and Polytopia, we focus on Action-packed tactical battles and Socialized diplomatic relations.

Here’s the general idea of the plates, even though the map would be much bigger.

Two possible plate designs.
Uploading: 12c05977ee6f50c00da96096bdde9863a83444cf.png…

Here’s the current weapons.

An unit holding a gun.
CB23EEF5-50F8-46FA-96F0-2D878C4FE91D

A zoom in of a pistol.
AACE4439-5AE2-49B9-B095-621CE139CC37

Current tanks. (other vehicles WiP)

Any feedbacks would be appreciated!

7 Likes

How are you handling maps? Is this all hand-made or generated for each round?

Also, do you have a working prototype or just the models as of right now? Can you be more descriptive about gameplay? I can offer better feedback if I have a clearer picture of what this game actually is.

Visually, I will say that the grass colors are a bit too varied. It becomes distracting. The weapons look nice, but the individual characters could have clothes to indicate role (commander, soldier, flamethrower unit, etc.) to add more detail.

1 Like

Cool! I would like to try this if/when it is playable. It reminds me of Strategema. I agree with what @SamsAltAcc0unt said about the grass but other than that it looks good.

Yup, we had a VERY deep analysation of previous games including Territorial.io, Polytopia.io, Hearts of Iron 4, Clash of Clans, TABS, Rise of nations and Strategema. We came up with innovations and brand new aspects. Even though Strategema became overall docile, we would still respect it as one of our inspirations.

Which one is better? (Btw colors/colours will be changed)

• First one
  • Second one
  • Mixed

0 voters

@SamsAltAcc0unt @LarsS72 @dexanddeb @LandnBlu

Love the visuals, not much of a strategic game fan but this looks promising, hope you finish it

1 Like

Thanks a lot!
Our game focuses on Battle and Diplomacy, meaning there won’t be any time wasted on politics, researches, resource managing, we keep it as simple as possible with the best quality on our specialty.

2 Likes

I feel like the sharp tiles will work best.

1 Like

@SamsAltAcc0unt @dexanddeb @LarsS72 [PolyWars] Devlog #2 - Better vehicles and local matchmaking! Devlog 2 is out :smiley:

1 Like

bro lets GO ive been WAITING SO LONG

1 Like