[PolyWars] Devlog #2 - Better vehicles and local matchmaking!

Greetings Forum.
Welcome to another weekly report of our project for a high quality stategic battle game, here’s the previous devlog: [PolyWars] Devlog #1 - The plates and units!

This week, we managed to make a few more land vehicles, here’s the images.

The references:

66801652235236_.pic
66831652235237_.pic

A picture of all our current models:

Here's what we'll be making next!

66871652235238_.pic

66901652235243_.pic

66851652235237_.pic
66861652235238_.pic

Scripting
This week we’ve got our local matchmaking done, we will turn it into a server matchmaking system soon!

I am still working on finishing the game design team docs, Credits to @NOTSOG00DGAMER , the modeler, and the awesome programmer, @happyrobloxgirl98 (ALT)

• The concept and creations are amazing! Excited to see the project going!
  • The concept and creations are decent, hope it goes well.
  • The concept is great, but the creations aren’t as good.
  • It’s generally bad, but at least works well.
  • It’s just too bad. (Explain please!)
  • LMFAO DAFUG IS THIS SHIT

0 voters

Any suggestions and/or feedbacks is appreciated! If you’re intrested in our project you can DM me or reply to the topic. Especially if you’re a GFX Artist or UI Designer.

5 Likes

I love how the game is coming along, dude your modeling skills are out of this world those vehicles really fit the style of your game and look stunning, great job!

1 Like

For once I have genuine hype for a game on roblox. This looks super cool and I wanna see what’s next from ya.

1 Like

Thank you so much! It’s super motivating. I’ll notify you for the next devlog! :smiley:

What era is this supposed to be set in?

I’m asking because you seemingly have aircraft from multiple different time periods. This goes for the weaponry too, but aircraft make a huge difference (and they’re a bit more noticeable). A jet fighter going against a propeller biplane isn’t exactly gonna be a fair fight. This brings up issues with balancing and realism.

Do players unlock more advanced technology through something like a tech tree? Do you invest in research to get more advanced stuff at the cost of less resources?

How exactly is this game played? You’re being quite ambiguous, and I’d really like to learn some more about the project.

1 Like
  1. No reserches, that’s for nerds.
  2. 5 Biplanes VS 1 Modern Jet, which one is better? Well, we were inspired by TABS, in simple words, it’s tactical/strategic stuff. For raw damage, the 5 biplanes will do more damage, but since they have low defense and health, they’re less powerful fighting at frontiers compared to sneaking from behind.
    Same with other units, for example, ofc a Maus is a lot more powerful than a Churchill III, but the price is very high and the gun is mainly for shooting other heavy tanks and structures, and not smaller units.
  3. No tech tree, but some endgame units requires a bit more to craft, for example Nuclear Powered Mecha first needs a Nuclear Core that can be crafted in a nuclear lab.

In simple words, with 10K materials and energy (currency) you could lose to a guy with 2K or defeat a guy who used 40K on his army. It’s like TABS.

The game is a bit hard to explain, Clash of Clans + Polytopia with some TABS aspects and Bedwars (By easy.gg) marketing strategy.
We have our professional team doc, if you want me to leak a page I can do so.

What the actual…?