Popular Link Badge Reward Time is delayed significantly

Reproduction Steps:

1. Post an external link in a Forum public category
  2. Get 50+ clicks from the link

I received 50 clicks from this link roughly 4-6 hours after I posted it:

I got the badge roughly 12-ish hours later:

NOTE:

The time between the external link getting 50+ clicks and the badge is an estimate. What’s crucial to note is that I know FOR SURE there’s a significant time delay between the two.

Expected Behavior
I should receive the Popular Link Badge as soon as the external link gets 50 clicks

Actual Behavior
I receive the badge 12-ish hours after the external link gets 50+ clicks.

Issue Area: Badges
Page URL(s): :''Publish to Roblox as" always allows copying - #30 by ValiantWind
Impact: Low
Frequency: Unknown, since this is the first I’ve received the Popular Link Badge
Date First Experienced: 03-27-2022 (5:33 PM PST)

4 Likes

Well, the the “Good Topic” badge for me delayed but only by a minute :confused:

3 Likes

Well mine is the “Nice Reply” badge for me delayed but only by a minute too.
I got the badge around 4-5 minutes.

2 Likes

Looks, the Staff have to verify it to make sure it’s not a super offensive post or inappropriate link. Some people use certain bad images or words for click rate

And where did you get this info from? I HIGHLY doubt that’s the reason.

1 Like

I never got that badge, though that may be because my 34 like reply (I think that’s the current number) is posted in development discussion, the lock icon on it may have something to do with it.

This may be a Discourse issue since it has to do with the underlying badge service.

Yeah, you cannot recieve badges in private categories.

I think most badges are delayed, and the delay depends on the badge level, or delay.

You waited 12 hours, @LandnBlu waited about a minute, and I just had a topic reach 50 likes, and I’m yet to recieve the Great Topic badge
(it’s in #forum-help:forum-features , so i should still get it after a bit)

Discourse runs badge checks every so often. Badges are cosmetics that don’t affect other forum features so a delay seems acceptable here from user perspective. Please file a feature request if you think this is not right.

I agree that badges don’t matter. I was unaware that the delay was normal. Thanks for letting me know :+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.