''Publish to Roblox as" always allows copying

I did, thanks. There was not a whole lot on the game and the person maybe thought it was alright to copy it, but them being able to send messages for a while with my private token was concerning.

Can we expect an incident report as to how this even happened, considering it’s a critical issue? Transparency is a welcome change that hasn’t always been the culture until recently, but it would be great if you let developers know why this happened and what steps you’ve taken to prevent this from occurring again. :slightly_smiling_face:

26 Likes

the fact they knew what to do with a private token is a sign they knew it wasn’t okay.

1 Like

Considering Roblox’ track record of such stupidly insecure accidental updates, I doubt we’ll get a report as they want to hide this MASSIVE mistake from investors instead of being honest to everyone.

We have now retroactively set all places affected by this bug to no longer allow copying. Thank you for your patience.

18 Likes

They’ve done it before. So they might do it again.

1 Like

Will Roblox send a message to all affected developers? Surely Roblox logs people who download places. Developers should know if their game has for sure been downloaded by someone, rather than never knowing if there may exist a copy out there.

6 Likes

How about places that were copied because of the bug?

1 Like

Not sure how u expect Roblox to do anything about people’s PC files xD

1 Like

probably a reasonable amount gonna go around now

What steps in the future will be taken to prevent this from happening again?

1 Like

Is there a way to prevent this glitch (Uncopylocked games glitch) from happening again? :thinking:

I’m talking about whether games republished will be taken down or not.

1 Like

it dont rly matter if dey got da place file

Please send a message to developers that were affected.

1 Like

That’s cap. Where is the leaked copy the ?

The fact that Roblox is in the tens of billions of dollars, and Roblox is still too lazy to fix bugs like this.

Embarassing.

1 Like

Lazy?

Roblox took this seriously and fixed this in less than a day. They even said it themselves that they knew the high severity of the situation. Don’t jump to conclusions without knowing all the information.

Also remember that ForeverDev is the Lead Programmer of My Restaurant, so you shouldn’t doubt that he’d be wrong.

2 Likes

Hi all, thanks for your patience! We’re still investigating and will post an incident report in the next week or two with more details about what happened and what we’re doing to prevent it for the future as soon as we can. We treat the confidentiality of your content as critical so a bug like this is a major concern for us.

If your place source code is ever leaked, make sure to change any API keys you are using. If the place is republished to the platform you can submit a DMCA request to have the place taken down.

16 Likes

Is there any way to know if your game has been affected by this? I’m in the dark here.