Position is not a valid member of Model "Workspace.Dropper"

Why ‘Position’ not working?

3 Likes

Can you send your code?

Also I think you might have to set a primary part if you wanna set a model’s position, not sure about that though.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure a model’s position is relative to it’s primary part

2 Likes

try using workspace.Dropper:PivotTo([target CFrame]) to move the model to where you want to

1 Like

Code:

local ServerStorage = game:GetService("ServerStorage")

local part = script.Parent

local DataStoreService = game:GetService("DataStoreService")

--local bee_data = DataStoreService:GetDataStore("bee_data")

part.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
	local player = game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(hit.Parent)
	local playerId = player.UserId
	--local success, currentGold = pcall(function()
	--	return bee_data:GetAsync("Sıra" ..playerId)
	--end)
	local location_part = workspace.Tycoon.Bir_Sira:WaitForChild("1")
	print("cliked")
	local dropper = ServerStorage:WaitForChild("Dropper")
	local clonedmodel = dropper:Clone()
	wait(1)
	clonedmodel.Parent = workspace
	task.wait(1)
	clonedmodel.Position = location_part.Position
end)
1 Like

I’ve got nothing too useful, but yes, a models position is relative to its primary part.

2 Likes
part.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
	local player = game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(hit.Parent)
	local playerId = player.UserId
	--local success, currentGold = pcall(function()
	--	return bee_data:GetAsync("Sıra" ..playerId)
	--end)
	local location_part = workspace.Tycoon.Bir_Sira:WaitForChild("1")
	print("cliked")
	local dropper = ServerStorage:WaitForChild("Dropper")
	local clonedmodel = dropper:Clone()
	wait(1)
	clonedmodel.Parent = workspace
	task.wait(1)
	clonedmodel:PivotTo(location_part.CFrame)
end)

try this maybe

2 Likes

I don’t see any mistakes in your code, try giving the model a PrimaryPart, and change the PrimaryPart’s position (this might require a bit of messing around).

1 Like

Now that I think about it, wouldn’t CFrame = CFrame.new() be a better solution? Could never decide which one is better

CFrame sets both position and orientation, I don’t see why that wouldn’t be a bit simpler

might be but you have to now put the location_part’s x, y and z into the CFrame.new which is kind of long to do

Thank you.

Please explain what is PrimaryPart?

also you want the player to touch the part right? because this might cause problems as it will fire many times over

To put it simply, you can’t just set a whole model’s CFrame. You’re going to need to use one of two methods

1. Primary Part Welding. Just weld all the parts in the model to the primary part, and set the primary part’s CFrame. This will move the whole model as a result, and is also used for tweening models.
  2. PivotTo(). This is the easier version that requires no welding. You just have to do model:PivotTo(otherModel:GetPivot()). Though it is simpler, you cannot tween it without complicated methods.
1 Like

Yes I know it will be a problem but since this is a test I didn’t care about it.

1 Like

PrimaryPart is a special property of Models. To put it simply, it’s the physical reference for the whole model. See more here:

2 Likes

the primary part is like a reference point for a model and in a model, everything pretty much revolves around the primarypart

Uhhhh, it’s like uh
This might be a horrible explanation

It’s basically a parent of all parts in a model, maybe something along priority, but basically PrimaryPart is the parent of any other part inside the model.

alright then, did using PivotTo throw any errors?

1 Like

No. Dont giving error. aaaaaaaaa