Positive Feedback For Textboxes Update

Not sure why we are just getting this now, but that doesn’t matter at all because THEY’RE HERE.

Thanks so much for these awesome changes!
The memories from years ago of typing up applications for cafes and having to restart whenever I wanted to edit anything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is long overdue, I remember 8-year-old Elliott getting mad over this in 2013 :joy:

Great work to all the staff involved! Glad the years of R&D have unveiled such a revolutionary, game-changing, experience.

1 Like

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh

thankyou finally

1 Like

Really like being able to copy and paste stuff to and from Roblox finally I can make my life at roleplay groups easier. Hopefully the next shortcut doesn’t come in 18 years :joy:

Amazing! I love this type of improvements in the studio.

1 Like

lol well, I guess that explains a lot, you’re really good at writing these.

I do also wonder how this hasn’t been a feature already :thinking: I guess they didn’t want people abusing? Somehow.

1 Like

I am very happy that they continue to create improvements for the Studio so that developers can have more tools to create games and the players to play them!

It’s great to have this finally implemented completely. This change took effect for like an hour a few weeks ago but got reverted back due to problems. Glad that they’re fixed!

4 Likes

This is incredible! This is definitely a very useful feature which we’ve all been waiting for for far too long, Tysm for this!

Gonna have to try this out :eyes:

1 Like

This makes me feel much better. thank you roblox

2 Likes

This update helps me out with in-game text editing.

Sometimes I need to write complex commands into an in-game console, and then I need to copy-and-paste that command later to run it again. I used to write my commands in Notepad first so I can copy them out, but this update lets me write in-game and copy out without ever opening Notepad.

This also helps me quickly clear a command I don’t want to run by pressing Ctrl+A and then Backspace.

Thanks for helping me be lazy.

2 Likes

Thank you, very cool!

Jokes aside this is something I’ve been waiting for since I started developing :eyes: Amazing that it finally came.

I like the humor in the announcement, I wouldn’t have anything against more of that

2 Likes

Yes!!! Finally!
Oh God, I was expecting this for sure.

This is another amazing addition. A lot of new possibilities starts unfolding with this addition.

1 Like

This is going to help alot for finding a Specific Model… Thank you very much! :partying_face:

Very cool! It’s the little updates that count.

1 Like

Love the new feature, being able to copy paste will be a huge help! Especially love the way this article is written, I wish more articles took this informal (yet informing) post. makes them more understandable and easy to read!

Cool stuff! Can’t wait to start working with textboxes more in the future.

1 Like

Thank you SO much for this! I was waiting for it ever since I heard about it coming. It is going to be very useful, especially in one of my games that relies heavily on text boxes.

i literally was like woow
anyways really useful feature i hated having to manually type in a id after i put it in one text box and copied something else…