Positive Feedback For Textboxes Update

Such a useful feature :smiley:

1 Like

Finally! I’m excited to see that standardized shortcuts are coming to studio and that we will hopefully see more studio-specific ones in the future!

Nice update, pretty useful and easy to do.

1 Like

Yesss, finally. I’ve been waiting so long for this, now the struggles of trying to copy text is over.

1 Like

Super useful, thanks for this update. :smile:

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken this has been a feature for a very long time.

3 Likes

Odd, never worked for me before.

1 Like

I tried this a while back, and it failed.

1 Like

This is simply amazing! I’ve been waiting so long for this and now we finally have fully functioning textboxes! Thank you to the development team that made this happen.

2 Likes

Ok now this is an epic feature

Very strange, I just asked a few of my friends and they feel that it has always been a feature of text input elements.

2 Likes

Legit best day ever!!! Thanks for this amazing update!!! This will help me with future projects as I’m developing for a group called Safe Guard and am working on the UI side of the client.

I can confirm it hasn’t been there forever. Old textboxes only had ClearTextOnFocus false and being able to click specific sections, no selection.

1 Like

It finally about time this functionality was added. Roblox is becoming better!
Does Ctrl + A work in the textboxes yet?

You’ve completely missed the context. I am referring to the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Backspace in order to remove an entire word.

1 Like

Love this feature, it makes it so much easier.

1 Like

Not sure why we are just getting this now, but that doesn’t matter at all because THEY’RE HERE.

Thanks so much for these awesome changes!
The memories from years ago of typing up applications for cafes and having to restart whenever I wanted to edit anything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is long overdue, I remember 8-year-old Elliott getting mad over this in 2013 :joy:

Great work to all the staff involved! Glad the years of R&D have unveiled such a revolutionary, game-changing, experience.

1 Like

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh

thankyou finally

1 Like

Really like being able to copy and paste stuff to and from Roblox finally I can make my life at roleplay groups easier. Hopefully the next shortcut doesn’t come in 18 years :joy: