Possible intellisense related crashes

At times, when clicking in a script or double clicking on text to select it, studio will crash, which clearly is not the intended behavior.

I was going to report this a few days ago, but I couldn’t reproduce it, although it is an ongoing periodic bug for me, and it is only occurring in scripts. This never happened until the new additions to intellisense regarding new auto fill options for instances, etc., which is why I believe it is related.

Both are on different occasions on different days, and as you can see in the first image, I simply double clicked the number 249 and it crashed upon selection. In the second image, I was viewing Workspace, then I went back into my script, clicked once on a line, and the crash window appeared. I’m not sure if this is related, but Studio itself did not stop responding until I started typing in the script, despite the crash window being open.

In addition, I have experienced studio freezing up temporarily when selecting text or chunks of text.

My operating system is Windows 10 Home.

Is this after a play solo test? It could be related to this: Constant studio crashing since new update

Current solution is to disable the Lua debugger.

I have not played solo in the sessions that this has occurred in.

1 Like