Possible to create a P2P System where players can pay in Robux?

As the title says, is this possible or even allowed? Imagine a trading system that you see in a lot of games, but players can trade items with their items or opt to buy it in in-game currency or Robux? If such a system is possible, is there any references for this? I can’t seem to find any. From my speculation, I think such a system is possible because of “Pls Donate”, just not sure if its allowed

1 Like

it’s possible, but i’m. not sure it’s allowed. could be wrong tho

2 Likes

This is what I know:

Items → Robux🛑Big no no
Robux → Items :warning: Depends. See Why Below
Robux → Currency, Then Currency → Items :warning: Also Kinda Depends. This one is more okay though, like if currency is earnable other then robux
Robux → Item :warning: Depends. See Why Below

Your main issue with the warnings is that fact that with all of this you will have to respect PolicyService | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

Your main issues are with ArePaidRandomItemsRestricted and IsPaidItemTradingAllowed.

If you can respect this, or use the roblox Questionnaire to block these users then for the most part it is ok.

If you have questions let me know. Also the more specific, the better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You mean in-game trading?
Lots of games have this.

If you mean “one player buys a 5 robux shirt, and the other buys a 10 robux shirt”. Meaning player 1 earns 5 robux, and player 2 loses 5 robux, then no.

There’s no way to enforce both players to buy the shirts of the other person.

No it’s not like this what I meant is :

Player#1 has item → Player#1 wants to sell item for 10 Robux instead of in-game currency (Plus tax - 12 Robux) → Player#2 buy items for 12 Robux → Player#1 gets 10 Robux whilst developer gets 2 Robux from the sale

What I am thinking is copying “Pls Donate”'s system then also implementing a tax system, from what I know this has to do with game passes. Then when that game passes is bought transfer the item from Player#1’s inventory to Player#2. As far as I know you could do this in Pls Donate but instead of items you get special effects, so I think this is possible just don’t get why its not allowed?

You can’t ‘give’ robux to users as a developer other then marketplace sales. PlsDonate using passes, so if that you would have to use that. Your still going to have a to follow Policy service and not allow users with ArePaidRandomItemsRestricted and IsPaidItemTradingAllowed to play the game.

But this is only possible by the sale of shirts, gamepasses and roblox marketplace sales.

What sets you and plsdonate differently is that the person donating does ‘get’ an item. This is seen as a trade, unlike pls donate where the person doesn’t ‘really’ get anything.

I know PlsDonate uses game passes so if I were to create such a system I would definitely go in that route. Also when donating a massive amount in PlsDonate it offers you special effects, mine would just like “reward” that player with that specific item. Would you able to tell if this is within Roblox’s policy?

Well your trading no matter what. 2 users are using an Exchange and getting different things, that is a trade by Roblox terms. It’s not a “award” as an award is one sided. Only one sides benefit for an award. In your instance, both people benefit, One user gets paid, one user gets an item which they paid for.

I don’t think you Understand what I am meaning. There is a scripting Service called PolicyService. It is something we can use in scripting. What I am saying is that no matter what you do, you need to check if the player is in a region that allows paid trading, and possibly PaidrandomItem. There’s no way around that with what your doing. You would run this in a script when a player joins. If they are in a region that doesn’t allow Paid trading, then prevent them from using the feature in scripting. I recommend you check the Policy Service link in this post to understand what You can do within the service :slight_smile: :

Will definitely dig into this further, thanks!

2 Likes