Practicing Terrain Day 2

So I have seen your feedback on the Practicing Terrain Day 1

It’s day 2 and I have made better mountains added a river, and a little pond. Not much detail because I’m trying to focus on how to make the terrain. I can add trees at a later date.

Here it is:

I would love some tips on how to make a good looking river!!!

14 Likes

It looks very bland, you should add some trees and animals.

6 Likes

I would recommend adding some trees.

2 Likes

I will in the future, right now I was just trying to make some decent terrain, thanks for the feedback though!

Honestly for it being only terrain it looks good! I should be asking you for tips lol. Cant wait for day 3

1 Like

If it is ok here is the link to a Waterfall Plugin if you ever plan to make almost vertical waterfalls.

1 Like

It’s nice I would Just say Keep Practicing.

1 Like

Thank you for this! I find this plugin useful for making waterfalls

Looking good!
I’d sugguest giving the terrain a liitle more of a realistic vibe. You have spots of rock and dirt and leafy grass seemigly randomly placed aruond the map. Perhaps you could make this blend in a liitle better by usinging the pain tool to make the spots of rock/dirt/leafy terrain less perfect.
Sorry for any grammatical errors I just work up.

1 Like

Hmmm. I’m not understanding what you’re trying to say here. I know you said that the rock and patches of grass look weird. Do you have an image you could show of what you’re trying to say? It would be easier to understand. Thanks for the feedback though!

You have definitely improved since your last build, although I still have some minor concerns. For one, I think it would be an improvement if you were to make the leafy grass patched less identical to each other in terms of size. I tend to add both large and small patches of imperfections to my work. Also, the river appears to have a bit too much rocky terrain surrounding it. Try searching up the type of terrain that you’re trying to make on the web before getting started. Rivers usually tend to be surrounded with dirt, not sand. Otherwise, it looks great. Keep up the good work, and don’t ever let yourself be discouraged.

1 Like

I made this pathway yesterday. For example, instead of having your rock look like my dirt, you could mix it with other materials to make it look less perfect.

Like this:

Keeping in mind, though, my pathway was meant to look untouched for a year or two.
Here’s another example:

As I was trying to explain in my recent post, you could try giving the rocks a less perfect shape to make it look more nature-y.

3 Likes

Looks very realistic! I will have to start using terrain too!

1 Like

This is super cool man. Good luck in continuing to learn. The grass is nice too.

1 Like

This was very helpful man. Thank you for giving me this information I appreciate it!

1 Like

How do you add the grass? I really don’t know.I really like its smooth, authentic look.

1 Like

simply open the explorer and properties tab
-select terrain
-appearance
-and check decorations

1 Like

I really like the terrain and I’m predicting that you’re going places once you get more practice!