Practicing Terrain Day 3

Thank you for all the feedback on Practicing Terrain Day 2 . Today I wanted to make a little scene and I hope you find it nice!

As always feedback is appreciated!!

Pictures:

I’m not sure if the low poly assets actually look good with the terrain but, I decided to try it.

20 Likes

Based on your previous terrain work, this is a major improvement, great job! However, I noticed that there are some things to fix up.

1. There are some some grass on the bottom of the river. I would suggest only using sand and rocks.

2. The river ends suddenly, If I was floating down the river, I wouldn’t want to hit some dirt at the end. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Its looking rather good. If you keep up at this rate you can be great at it in no time!

4 Likes

Looks really good! I would just remove the grass in the river/waterfall, as that looks out of place.

3 Likes

It looks good I really like. But I don’t like how to the trees and rocks just are like low-poly in a realistic looking environment.

3 Likes

This is definitely an improvement over the previous days. My suggestion is to play around with terrain coloring & lighting. (I believe you can change terrain colors in the terrain object found in workspace)

2 Likes

While this scene is very good, in my opinion the low poly assets don’t really go well with the terrain. Usually when people use terrain, they go for a realistic look. My point is, the assets do look good, but I definitely suggest changing them to something a bit more realistic. Other than that, keep up the great work!

1 Like

Looks amazing once again! And I see you used the Waterfall Plugin I told you about. Just want your thoughts but what do you think of the plugin?
Also I don’t really know what feedback to give as I don’t really use terrain

1 Like

That looks amazing for your third day. Nice work.

1 Like

Look very sick, nice work :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the plugin! I love it, its very useful