Pressing Ctrl while zooming forces you to hold Ctrl to zoom manually, otherwise tilts camera

Most likely got added on accident, as this issue only started happening in late 2019. As I am sure if it was intentional, we might have gotten notice of it on a development update patch note. Idrk, whatever it is, I do hope they can fix it soon.

6 Likes

Is the fix for this issue coming out any time soon?

Still having this problem in our game, and Ctrl+Scroll is required for some of our Gui features, but every time a player uses this, their zoom is broken until they rejoin the game.

It can be really disruptive and confusing if they donā€™t realise they now have to hold Ctrl to perform zooming for the rest of their time in-game.

7 Likes

I can back this up that this is still a issue.

5 Likes

This is is still an issue. Is there still a fix on the way?

5 Likes

Have been having the same exact problem in my own game as well. Iā€™m glad to see itā€™s not just me with the problem.

4 Likes

I have made a temporarily fix for this issue.

4 Likes

Your solution sometimes gives this error: image

Any idea how to fix this?

2 Likes

Could you send me a screenshot of the children in the playermodule script?

1 Like

image image

The error comes inconsistently, by the way.

2 Likes

Did you set up the script correctly?
PossibleFixedBaseCamera.rbxm (18.4 KB)
Try this maybe?

1 Like

Is there any solution to this issue? this post nearly has 12k views and this is an old bug but Roblox still doesnā€™t fix it. I canā€™t play cause of this happening every time after like 1-5 minutes for any game.

2 Likes

Very frustrating considering ctrl is a keybind for something in a game I play. We need a fix

1 Like

Can we get an update on this fix? This is still a prominent bug in hundreds of Roblox games.

Also, I am not able to reproduce this with control alone, however, I can reproduce this with Shift, Alt+Control, Alt+Shift, and Alt+Control+Shift iirc. I do not have a logitech mouse, and my mouse does not support horizontal scrolling.

Once the bug is activated it is not possible to deactivate it without resetting. I am able to reproduce this with some combination of modifier keys + scrolling on every single PC/laptop/etc in my home and have tested on over 6 mice brands.

I would also like to note I am on a desktop computer.

3 Likes

Hey, it seems this is still a bug, or has came back just recently. I just tried it in multiple games, and itā€™s an annoying bug, because you canā€™t revert this behavior any way without restarting the client. It also seems to carry this behavior over teleports.

5 Likes

Yep, this is still a bug. Itā€™s been happening for me constantly for roughly a year, in pretty much all games.

Tried so many things to try and fix it, but no luck what so ever, given that in some games it can be game-breaking (those that rely on scrolling as a key input) I am surprised it is taking so long to fix it, given that the first reports of this seem to date back to about a year ago!

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t seem to be fixed, I canā€™t play Eclipsis without having to press Ctrl just to zoom after I accidentally did the bug. I canā€™t rejoin since I am at practice mode playing with my friend and you canā€™t rejoin to practice matches.

Repro:
(Note that if you press Ctrl at Eclipsis, you sneak)

Developer Console:

Not related to post: I am just visiting Roblox again and then Iā€™ll quit again btw

3 Likes

This is still happening. Iā€™ve been forced to use older camera modules in my games to stop this from happening

3 Likes

From now to back in February and all the way back to December of 2019, this bug still prevails and yet I still manage to get occasional likes from my posts which are from other people having this issue, almost a year later. How has this not been properly fixed yet?

Reproducing the bug is still the same as before. For me, holding Control and scrolling triggers the issue, and, while it is situational, it still affects me in some games.

3 Likes

This happens to me in basically every single game I play on Roblox and I use a Razor mouse. Iā€™ve basically got it in my muscle memory that I have to hold CTRL when I wanna zoom. Would love to see a fix for this sometime soon.

2 Likes

So have the developers just given up looking into/fixing this? While this has only become an issue for me recently, some people have had this issue for around a year. Seems like a pretty big bug, it basically renders Left Control unusable as a keybind because it creates the risk of screwing up your camera, and I need that specific key.

6 Likes