Pressing Ctrl while zooming forces you to hold Ctrl to zoom manually, otherwise tilts camera

I’ve had this happen to me within games! Gets really annoying cause I have to rejoin to fix it.

22 Likes

I believe this is related to the re-release of trackpad gestures. Ever since they came back, this has been an issue. I’ve mentioned this in a similar way before, where if you used a gesture successfully, scrolling with a mouse would break (unless Ctrl is scrolled, I didn’t fully know this at the time) and this, now, still continues to be an issue. It’s minor since gestures no longer work for me (which I never really cared about anyway, kind of ruins my flow), but this issue that has appeared also annoys me, especially when I have to rejoin through restarting the client (not through TeleportService)

10 Likes

I can verify that I am also having this issue right now. The only way to fix it is by rejoining

10 Likes

We have a fix coming out for this later this week.

49 Likes

I’m still having this issue, was the fix delayed?

23 Likes

I have made a temporarily fix for this.
Place the PlayerModule in StarterPlayer and replace the BaseCamera module with this.
BaseCamera.rbxm (18.4 KB)

11 Likes

Still having issues. It makes the game I’m playing harder to play.

20 Likes

Still getting this issue early may 2020. Seems to work in any game when you accidentally scroll when holding left ctrl (In my case). I have a standard Microsoft keyboard and mouse, this issue even works on my laptop, completely cutting off being able to play Roblox games without needing to hold left ctrl all the time, even doing so you cannot use any other keys to toggle zoom functionality. If I cannot replicate it in some games, I sometimes just randomly get it during game-play.

8 Likes

Hi, could we have an update on the fixes regarding this issue? It seems to be a lot more common in some of my games than others (likely because some use CTRL as a legitimate keybind for an action) and it has become somewhat of a large annoyance for my players. Thanks.

3 Likes

Turns out this issue is still live for some of us, just about 2 days ago when I was checking out a game, I had that same bug appear once more. I’m sure many other users that are not a part of this forum are having the same issue as well, so it’d be cool if you could check-in, once more.

7 Likes

The bug is still happening did the fix get delayed or something?

8 Likes

This bug is still an issue, do we have any updates for a possible new patch? As many games that people play on ROBLOX, require the Ctrl key as a keybind. So, this bug really does hinder some user enjoyment of their favorite games that need such a keybind.

3 Likes

It has been an issue for many decades. The development team of ROBLOX is trying hard as they can to fix this bug. It is said that it will be fixed, once David Baszucki ascends into the seventh silver throne of heaven

6 Likes

A decade? Maybe like half a year…ish.

It’s quite annoying for me when there’s plenty of games that require you to press the Left Control button in order to sprint, because nine times out of ten you’ll eventually need to scroll out to check out your surroundings. Oopsie doopsie, now you’re cursed! All of a sudden you have to hold ctrl to scroll out or you have to rejoin the game. Pick your poison.

Why was this even implemented in the first place? I haven’t a clue as to what benefit this could possibly provide to any player other than to hinder someone’s playing experience.

7 Likes

Most likely got added on accident, as this issue only started happening in late 2019. As I am sure if it was intentional, we might have gotten notice of it on a development update patch note. Idrk, whatever it is, I do hope they can fix it soon.

6 Likes

Is the fix for this issue coming out any time soon?

Still having this problem in our game, and Ctrl+Scroll is required for some of our Gui features, but every time a player uses this, their zoom is broken until they rejoin the game.

It can be really disruptive and confusing if they don’t realise they now have to hold Ctrl to perform zooming for the rest of their time in-game.

7 Likes

I can back this up that this is still a issue.

5 Likes

This is is still an issue. Is there still a fix on the way?

5 Likes

Have been having the same exact problem in my own game as well. I’m glad to see it’s not just me with the problem.

4 Likes

I have made a temporarily fix for this issue.

4 Likes