Pressing the Enter Key to Reset does not work in the New In-Game Menu

Summary

I recently encountered what appears to be an engine bug with the newly-implemented In-Game Menu currently being rolled out. This bug prevents players from being able to press their keyboard’s Enter key to confirm the Reset action, a function previously operable on the Reset prompt in the In-Game Menu. However the Enter key can still be used to confirm the Menu’s Leave action, which leads me to believe that the inability to use this keystroke to confirm a Reset is unintentional.

Reproduction

This bug can be reproduced by doing the following:

1.) With the New In-Game Menu enabled, join any Roblox game
2.) Press your keyboard’s Escape key to open the In-Game menu
3.) Press your keyboard’s R key to display the Reset prompt
4.) Press your keyboard’s Enter key

In the following recording, I reproduce these steps with the Reset prompt and later with the Leave prompt, in which instance I substituted the R key for L key in Step 3:

Result

When these steps are followed, the player will not reset and the Reset prompt will remain on-screen as no action is taken.

This adds friction to the user experience of those familiar with the established Roblox keyboard shortcuts; however this may be an intentional design decision. With no confirmation of same, I figured it would be worth highlighting this possible discrepancy.

Platform Tested

6 Likes

Thanks for your report! We are looking into the issue now.

3 Likes

This bug has been resolved in the latest update.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.