Privacy settings continually being changed

Reproduction Steps
Steps to reproduce this bug:

1. Set the “Who can see my inventory” setting to “No One” (Settings → Privacy → Scroll down till you see it)
  2. Wait anywhere from 1-24 hours (can be up to 48+ hours, and you do not have to be online for it to happen)

Expected Behavior
I would expect my “Who can see my inventory” to stay on “No One”

Actual Behavior
My “Who can see my inventory” setting gets changed to public (this only happens to some people, including myself)

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2021-07-13 00:07:00 (+02:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-08-09 00:08:00 (+02:00)

44 Likes

Yep! I’m exactly experiencing the same issue.

5 Likes

It’s happening to me, and as a modeler its irritating. I want my inventory private for a reason so people cant snoop around my meshes. I hope this gets fixed, thanks for writing this post.

1 Like

Can confirm, I was dealing with a situation with leaked assets from my game and my inventory was open when I’ve always kept it closed even from my friends. This can be a big issue for users who like to keep their meshes, sounds, decals, etc private.

1 Like

This is happening to me too. I really need to use the private inventory feature to protect my assets so I hope this can be looked into.

3 Likes

This was happening to me a few weeks ago, was not sure why, glad i’m not the only one with this. I don’t see it happening to me now though.

+1, mine was set to no-one, now it’s set to everyone when i change it back.

Had sent this to @Bug-Support a few days ago as I couldn’t post a thread here, less than an hour ago got a message they will investigate it

1 Like

This is happening to me as well… guess i’m not the only one.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report. This is a known issue and we are working on a fix. We’ll come back to you with any updates we have.

10 Likes

This kind of issues should be fixed immediately. This can be extremely problematic for people who keep entire scripts or buildings saved on their accounts, and with how Roblox doesn’t do anything to prevent assets leaking this is just a too high risk and important bug. I hope it gets fixed as soon as possible.

this is starting to get really annoying, my items keep getting logged on rolimons

4 Likes

This has happened to me like 6 times today :weary:

1 Like

I am experiencing this exact same issue! I don’t really think it’s that much of a problem, though. After changing it a bit, Roblox gets tired, and stops changing it as much.

This has happened to me like number random time a today (including Premium).
Same me too

If you have Premium?
Any other has no Premium and without change the setting.

Dont mean to bump it just didnt have member at the time, but this has been happening to me for probably almost 2 months now and I’ve already tried emailing support about it multiple times which has gone nowhere, still happens to me as well

1 Like

This is a pretty annoying privacy issue that has persisted for a few months now. It really should’ve been fixed a while ago.

2 Likes

Don’t mean to bump thread, but still continuing as of 9/10/21.
It’s irritating to keep going back in my privacy settings to check if it magically got set to everyone again.

Also STILL having this issue, been months now lolll anyways I’ve only noticed it happening while I have premium which is pretty annoying

I still get this issue and its SOOOOO irritating