Private Game Still Showing On Group

A few weeks ago, I made a discontinued project private, however, it is still appearing on my group page. I looked for solutions and found some similar articles, one with @Iron_Legion saying the issue was being investigated back in March of this year. No matter what I do, the game is still present despite being private. Are there any solutions for this now? The project I am referring to is “Pet Battle Simulator”, the issue is consistent across multiple devices. Here is the group link:

11 Likes

Have you considered making it public and then private again? It’s strange because on my group, my game is private and it doesn’t show on the group.

I have done that multiple times, it seems to be a spontaneous occurrence looking at the other threads.

I believe that this is just a minor bug for the game :slight_smile: This happened with me on my group so I made the game public then private again. After doing this about 3 times, it finally worked for me! It also did it with the clothing, but I did the same thing and it finally worked! Hope this helps… :rainbow:

I’ve had the same issue for months now. No matter how many time I change the settings from private to public and back to private it doesn’t go away.

I have the same issue.

It doesn’t happen with all group games - just the first one I created. All other games in my group disappear when I set their privacy to private but for some reason this one place refuses to budge.

It’s a bit frustrating because it takes the front spot away from my soon to be released game which makes it look tacky.

Hope they can work out a fix for this at some point because as you said in the OP, this issue seems to have been reported several times since the start of this year.

2 Likes

Try making it public then private again, that method worked for me.

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to impact it for me.

Whether the privacy is set to Private or Public, it’s always visible in the front spot on the group.

Initially I thought it was just the site taking a while to update but that isn’t the case either as other games only take a few seconds for the change to register.

Yep. This seems to be an issue affecting people since at least 2014. It really needs to be addressed.

No replies still. I went so far as to report my own game to get the attention of someone on this issue but of course there was no response, as this isn’t a moderation problem. After scrolling through old threads, it appears this bug has been occurring since 2014. Is there anyway the place could just be deleted or resolved in some form if not being fixed on the website itself? @Iron_Legion, I remember you originally looking into this issue but it seems no fix was shipped. Do you have any additional information that might help us now?

1 Like

You just need to let the cache update. This is what is happening - it’ll take probably an hour or so.

There is nothing that bad about this unexpected behaviour.

It has been set to private for about 3 months. It is not a cache issue.

4 Likes

I can confirm this is also happening for me, I set my game “Divinity” to private some months ago and it still hasn’t disappeared. I’ve tried publishing the game, toggling between public and private, and also changing the access type.

2 Likes

Please keep comments constructive and on-topic.

Hi, i’m also having this issue for my game. I’m disappointed to see ROBLOX isn’t trying to resolve this or at the very least offering solutions for people who have reported the issue. Has anyone found any possible workarounds?

3 Likes

I’ve had this issue for over a year now.
My old forest simulator on my group page won’t go away

1 Like

This should be fixed now. Thank you for the report, and please let us know if you see any other issues!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.