Pro UI // Take your GUI to the next level

Version 1.01

What is Pro UI?
Pro UI is a module for GUI (Graphical User Interface) developers to use to enhance their skills even further.

Why should I use Pro UI?
Pro UI includes unimaginable features that are very useful for you in one place, such as:

How do I use Pro UI?
Simply insert the RBXM file below into your game. The Tutorial script is for a shorter tutorial. The ModuleLoader cannot be moved/deleted and must be under the LocalScript you are using Pro UI for.

Pro UI Parameters and Functions
Each function has to be called by using require().

API

Make the frame draggable

module.MakeDraggable(FrameToMove, Activation, Shadow)

Parameters
FrameToMove - (Object) The frame to move when the Activation frame has been activated.
Activation - (Object) The frame to activate the drag.
Shadow - (Object) The shadow frame of the Gui (keep empty or nil if none is needed)

Typewriter Text Effect

module.TypeText(Object, Text, TimePerLetter)

Parameters
Object - (Object) The object that has a Text property to write the function to.
Text - (String) The text you want to type.
TimePerLetter - (Int/Number) The time between each letter. (This can be left blank)

Create a gradient border

module.CreateGradientBorder(UIGradient, EasingStyle, EasingDirection, RotationTime)

Parameters
UIGradient - (Object) The UIGradient (border gradient) to write the function to.
EasingStyle - (Enum.EasingStyle) The EasingStyle it plays (This can be left blank)
EasingDirection - (Enum.EasingDirection) The EasingDirection it plays (This can be left blank)
RotationTime - (Int/Number) The time it takes to make a full rotation (This can be left blank)

Tween a background blur effect

module.BackgroundBlur(BlurAmount, EasingStyle, EasingDirection, TweenTime)

Parameters
BlurAmount - (Int/Number) The blur amount that it should tween to (This can be left blank)
EasingStyle - (Enum.EasingStyle) The EasingStyle it plays (This can be left blank)
EasingDirection - (Enum.EasingDirection) The EasingDirection it plays (This can be left blank)
TweenTime - (Int/Number) The time it takes to complete the blur effect (This can be left blank)

Play a sound effect

module.PlaySoundEffect(Sound, Volume)

Parameters
Sound - (String) The sound the function should play (included sounds include “Click”, “Success”, and “Failed”)
Volume - (Int/Number) The volume of the sound (This can be left blank)

Tween the frame and parent’s transparencies

module.SmoothFrameParentTransparency(EnableFrames, MainFrame, TweenSpeed)

Parameters
EnableFrames - (Boolean) true (make frames visible) or false (make frames transparent 1)
MainFrame - (Object) The main frame holder.
TweenSpeed - (Int/Number) The time it takes to complete the transparency effect (This can be left blank)

Add the LocalPlayer character into a ViewportFrame

module.CharacterViewport(ViewportFrame)

Parameters
ViewportFrame - (Object) The ViewportFrame object to show the character in.

Smooth Gui Resize

module.SmoothGuiResizeAnimation(Frame, StartingAmount, GoalAmount, EasingStyle, EasingDirection, TweenTime)

Parameters
Frame - (Object) The main frame to add the UIScale into (done automatically).
StartingAmount - (Int/Number) The starting scale size.
GoalAmount - (Int/Number) The ending scale size.
TweenTime - (Int/Number) The time it takes to complete the blur effect (This can be left blank)

Ripple Effect

module.RippleEffect(Button, Color, EasingStyle, EasingDirection, TweenTime)

Parameters
Frame - (Object) The main frame to add the UIScale into (done automatically).
Color - (Color3) The color of the effect.

Insert Model In ViewportFrame

module.InsertModelInViewport(Item, ViewPortFrame, FieldOfViewMultiplier, RotationAmount, XOffset, YOffset)

Parameters
Item - (Object) The model with a PrimaryPart that shows in the viewport.
ViewPortFrame - (Object) The ViewportFrame object to show the model in.
FieldOfViewMultiplier - (Int/Number) FOV multiplier for the Viewport. (This can be left blank)
RotationAmount - (Int/Number) The amount of rotation per RenderStep (every frame the game runs) added (This can be left blank)
XOffset - (Int/Number) The X-Offset for the viewport camera (This can be left blank)
YOffset - (Int/Number) The Y-Offset for the viewport camera (This can be left blank)

If the function isn’t working, try warning and see what happens. It will return a warning if it did an error.

Bug fixes and updates will be coming soon.

Note: If the module isn’t loading, try in-game and it should load. If you want to use it in studio, download the module here. Please note this means auto-updates will not occur.
MainModule

Hope you guys think this module is useful and have a great time using Pro UI!

File
Pro UI.rbxm (2.1 KB)

Credits
nana_kon // Draggable Module

63 Likes

This actually looks like a very helpful module, and the documentation is on point. Tysm for this, definitely will use

2 Likes

I’ll definitely be checking this module out, why isn’t it uploaded to the Roblox Library? It would be easy for users to get autoupdates then.

6 Likes

Does the module not load for anybody else? Placed it in startergui and didn’t touch the code yet, the code in the ModuleLoader doesn’t seem to run.

1 Like

For me, whenever it tried to insert the module, it gave me this error: image

Instead, you can get the module here: https://www.roblox.com/library/6837997539/Pro-UI-Module

1 Like

Yes, there’s a bug that I need to solve at the moment to fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience. @GooberEsther @SoMekSlime @GamersInternational

1 Like

Bug Report Solved // Module is now functional again and can be placed inside your game.

Version 1.01
Patch notes:
-Module loading fixed (If you get HTTP 403 error, make sure you are play testing in the actual game and not in studio as most studio features are disabled.)
-Transparency effect updated so it is easier to manage (more reliable).

Please let me know of any issues! Thanks!

Still isn’t loading, does the game have to be published for the module loader to work?

Not too sure, works fine for me. Let me check again.

Yeah, looks like it should work. What does it print?

I tried on a published place and that doesn’t seem to matter. Nothing is being printed by the module, printing inside the repeat until loop shows that its stuck waiting for the module. So I figure somethings up with the ModuleLoader.

Hm, it seems like it’s working for others. I’ll take a look into that, thanks for the report.

I ended up using the model Vissarion shared with the module itself

Yeah I was hoping I could stick with the ModuleLoader but doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ll try to look into it as well. Great module btw thanks for sharing this!

I have tried to see why it’s not working, and I’m getting this error. I put a warn message to see whats wrong and got HTTP 403(Forbidden)

Hey! I noticed that you have to be in-game instead of studio because most features on studio are disabled!

Oh, is there any way to fix this? Because testing my game on the website each time I need to tweak one little thing is kind of tedious. But if there’s no solution I understand.

You must have done something to your module. The 403 may actually be due to a code error, if you’ve checked it then try republishing your module.

Yea, such as other modules (i.e. Basic Admin) doesn’t work for me in Studio.